ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 11, 2008

Recovered from LNO

It was a busy day Friday. Kaytlin had her first and only Powderpuff Football game. Seniors against the juniors.
Kaytlin is second from the right with the pony tail.
The Seniors scored pretty quickly and all was going well. The juniors weren't scoring.


If you look closely you will not be able to see the flags on the orange team. The juniors tucked their flags up short so the seniors couldn't grab them, therefor they couldn't be stopped. And soon the juniors scored. The seniors did not whine or insist on fairness, like I would have.




I thought it was great that the boys were the cheerleaders! This guy was all gung-ho for the seniors. The really dressed up and threw themselves into the spirit of the game, and they even were great at motivating the girls. According to Kaytlin, anyway. Because us moms didn't hear the guys cheering, just the other girls on the sidelines.


Then back home for a quick supper so we could head to ladies night out. Which turned out to be our longest ever, I believe. We didn't leave before 2:30am.

My new neighbor came with us, so we had a newbie there. We played Quelf, of course, and we all had a great time. And we learned something new.
We've been taking the penalty for a card that tells us to drink from the opposite side of the cup, because we all thought it couldn't be done and we'd just get soaked.
Well, my neighbor taught us how to do it. This is a pic of my mom drinking her glass of water from the other side of the cup, lol.


Mom got a job offer in Arizona, much to my dismay, so this was probably her last LNO.

Now for the fun of keeping the kids in their shared rooms. Devon is already throwing a fit to get Cody out. It is going to be another WW3 over here, just when it died down from making them share a room.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

It looks like the game was frun for Kaytlin! Fun pics! I wish I could've joined you to watch.

LNO was a blast! I think it is the best ever!

We will miss your mom~ I wish her the best (and will pray all goes well)~ but, you never know...maybe she will be back. :)

Missed you today! I hope Sam gets better soon!

Grandma J said...

The picture you took of your mom is much more flattering than the one I took - NOT! The worst thing is, you got my derierre in this picture too! Thanks a lot. Your mom was a pretty good sport to even attempt this trick. I've done it before too, so I knew it was possible.

If you'd like a virtual tour of my new house, check out my latest blog.

michelle said...

Arizona??? Wow! That will be a big change from where she has lived recently. I wish your mom all the best.

Also, as far as drinking upside down from the wrong side of the cup...that is supposed to be a cure for hiccups (the swallowing upside down part). Maybe you could practice your technique the next time you need to get rid of the hiccups and see how well you do.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really fun time!