ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 13, 2008

So bummed

The weekend came and went with no phone call from Drew. His recruiter told us that he'd be able to call with his address the first weekend. Drew better not have spent his phone call on some girl and not his mom. I wouldn't be able to forgive him for a long time! LOL

My mom is moving so fast. Less than a week's notice. It is hard to see her go. I want her to be happy, but I want her here. Arizona is better weather for her arthritis, of course, and she does have lots of friends and family there. She lived there for 20 years. But her grandkids aren't there. Trinity will only let Grandma brush her hair. Sam is only beginning to let other people read to him, he would only let Grandma do it for the longest time. She gave him the love for books.
The older kids are mad at us again because now they are sharing bedrooms and Grandma is leaving. So now Devon thinks that I won't need a craft room and Cody should be out of his room. But I'm not going to let that happen. And Kaytlin and Devon had such horrible fits about getting their own space that I have no intentions of letting them be rewarded with their own rooms.
We hope Mom's job doesn't work out and she moves back, but not really, because I want her to have a great job and be without pain. But I want that to be here, lol. See how selfish I am?

So, now that we are about all settled in the bedrooms we get to move things again. LOL Sound fun?

Mom is temping at a company here in MN through tomorrow. They want to hire me to take her place once or twice a week to keep things going for them. I'm torn. I don't want to leave my kids with a sitter, but I could use the money. And part time is way better for me to handle. What would I do for a sitter? Plus I need to get my car fixed before I could do a drive like that. (the car isn't too expensive of a fix.)

Lots of changes here. Maybe I don't like change.

9 people think my kids are qtpies:

Cynthia said...

Lots of change indeed...Good luck with it:)

Jackie said...

You've had only glowing things to say about your mom living with you all. I know she's going to miss you, too! This is so sad!

Me said...

Wow, lots of changes! That is a bummer about your mom, I know you and the fam will miss her!! I am sure Drew will call soon:0)!

Kris said...

Be thankful for the wonderful blessing you've got in your mom, no matter where she is. That relationship you two have is priceless.

Jon emailed a girl in Germany DAYS nrfore he made the first phone call to us...and I'm reserving the right to be mad at him forever! Hopefully Drew is smarter than that and he's just really busy!

Anonymous said...

I don't like changes either! We will miss your Mom! but wish her the best of luck - maybe that biker dude will even ask her out :) HaHaHaHa!!!

Drew is fine I am sure - probably sleeping as much as he can.

Good luck on that job offer...you know that your kids are welcome here anytime!

Homemom3 said...

((HUGS)) sounds painful, I know I would be hurting if I was as close to mine as you seem to be. :(
www.babylune.com

Di said...

Awwwwww. I'm praying for God's peace to settle over all of you.

Laura Paxton said...

Hope you hear from Drew soon!!

Sassyfrazz said...

I am sad for you that your mom is gone...we will miss her too! GOod to keep your ground about that craft room..we can work on our "secret" projects in there.

I hope you hear from Drew soon...
I also hope you are still liking the job! :) Which days do you work?