ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 18, 2008

Saturday's are for sleeping in

But apparently not for me, lol.
You know, I sit at a desk all day for work, it isn't hard. I sit there and enter invoices and receipts into the computer. No lifting or walking or being on my feet. Cushy, huh?
Why does it exhaust me so much? LOL I know it won't always be this bad, and probably won't be long days, either, once I am caught up. But for now, I am still doing things from August. There are even a few stacks of things with dates on them from March and April! It is mentally exhausting! Quickbooks says they are over $200k in the hole, but they are not. I just don't have the deposits to enter. I have the amounts, but can't do it because they have to be applied to jobs we've billed for, and I don't know who they are from, lol. Hopefully I will be caught up next week.

When I was at work yesterday, Hope-Anne called and asked about going to a skating party, but she hadn't done her chores yet. I asked what she had done and she said that she had cleaned the litter box and the neighbor (adult) was doing the dishes. Um, yeah, I freaked out! What the heck? I got her on the phone and told her to stop doing my dishes, I have the chores doled out for the kids to get done before I get home. I told her the girls couldn't go because the chores weren't done in time. She agreed, she raises her kids like that. So I get off the phone, she stays and keeps cleaning with Hope-Anne. Then Hope-Anne calls to get to go with them when the chores were done.
How would you handle that? I don't want her, or especially her kids, in my house when I am not there, and I most certainly do not want her in my house cleaning when I am gone! (I could not find my coffee this morning after her cleaning) I know she was trying to be nice, she is extremely nice and a huge servant personality. I don't need the help, though. And I really don't like feeling violated by someone I barely know being in my house while I am not there.
What do I say without causing hurt with a neighbor?

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

I would just say thank you for your help it was appricated. But you give your kids chores so they can learn to be self sufficent young adults, and they need to do their own chores next time.

Kris said...

I think if the kids had help with their chores, then they don't fully deserve the privilege of doing something "extra". I'd have told her that while I'm sure your children appreciated her help, you're afraid they're going to learn to take advantage of servant-hearted folks like her...and then I'd tell her that while it's nothing personal, you're uncomfortable with non-family in the house without your knowledge while you're not there. Hopefully, she'd take it well.

Eek, it woulda given me the creeps too!

Sassyfrazz said...

ohhh....that is a tough one, and I know (I think) who you are referring to. I would tell her thank you, but let her know you don't feel comfortable with her doing your household tasks. Or, maybe just let her know you would prefer if you were home when people are over. ???I don't know...that is tough!