ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 14, 2008

What?

I have had the most aggravating day today, while having the most wonderful things happen. Does that make any sense at all?

I am super aggravated with some ministry issues that only seem to be an issue to my ministry team, so I've been venting to my mom and Donnie for two days, lol.
I am really aggravated that my mother in law goes so far out of her way to babysit for her daughter's kids for free, and yet she has to bus the 1 1/2 hour drive to get there, on her own dime, while her daughter is HOME, not coming to get her. Donnie drives her to and from the cities every week to babysit, and she has to bus from Donnie's work. Just aggravates me!
I am aggravated that 3 of my kids claim to have been babysitting the little two after school, while only 1 did the work. "Nope, I didn't pick them up from grandma's, or change the poopy diaper, or put Sam to sleep, or take Trinity out to play, but it was me that was watching them."
I'm aggravated with Devon because I told him to go run a errand with very specific instructions, and he didn't get it done because he was "distracted" which is also his excuse for only cooking a part of supper and not telling anyone that it was done.
I'm aggravated that Cody won't turn in his school work, and then was mean to Hope-Anne when she was trying to practice her clarinet, even pinched her nose shut to keep her from playing.

I could go on. Really. But I'll stop there.

What happened that was so great?

Well, I brought my mother in law to a nearby town for a diabetes class. I was going to withdraw some money and take Sam to a cafe for breakfast. After two stops to find an ATM in hickville I realized that the account that actually has money in it is the card that I don't know the PIN to. So I decided to walk around town with Sam. We came across the optometrist that I bought my glasses from, so I went in on the off chance (complete miracle) that they could fix the break in my frame. They couldn't. But it turns out that it has been less than a year and the frames are under warranty! I had NO idea! So next week I get my new frames!

After lunch my mil watched the kids for me while I went to my first day of work at a job I wasn't even looking for. Seriously. I am taking over my mom's temp job. They don't want a full time book person, and I do not want a full time job. We are both extremely flexible, it is amazing!
So, I go in, having no idea what the name of the company even is, or who my boss is. Nothing. (except that they are about 8 months behind in their book keeping, yikes!) I'm already hired, but we've never spoken. No resumes have passed hands. I'm not sure he even knew my name, lol.
Boss "So, you were looking for something part time?"
Me "I wasn't exactly looking for work, mostly because I didn't even imagine that I could find this job so part time. But I really only want to work 1-2 days a week."
Boss "Perfect!"
I told him a little about my past job, even though he didn't ask.
Boss "What do you want to get paid?"
Me "Between Blank and Blank, I am looking for Blank, though."
Boss "Great."

Seriously, that was my interview! Although I was already hired. He has no idea where I've worked, lol. They are so laid back and wonderful. I am going to love it. It allows me to put the kids first, and still put in the time. Plus, first two hours into my day I saved them 2 steps in entering information in Quickbooks.

OH, and enough random things happened that my mom can't leave as early tomorrow as she wanted to, so that is good for me! Even if it is only a couple of hours.
Monday I wasn't looking for a job. Tuesday I have a job. I'm not even sure how it happened.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

That is really great! I'm very happy for you!

Grandma J said...

Very cool. I'm really curious as to what this place is though, but I'm glad you are on the same wave length with your new boss.

michelle said...

That is great news! It isn't very often that you get a job that you aren't even looking for that meets your exact needs. I wish you all the best.

Di said...

Wow, the job sounds great!!!
I hear you on the aggravation front! My 2 were driving me nuts last night.

Sassyfrazz said...

I think that is super that you got your "mom's" job like that! ALSO, super that you get your glasses replaced like that! I love the blessings God gives us when we don't expect them like that! How are you doing with your mom gone? Are you working tomorrow??

siteseer said...

All those things happen and I get hung up on the kid holding your daughters nose while she's playing the clarinet lol. Sorry, but that is so funny. Good thing he can't see me because we're not supposed to laugh at that stuff. I'm from a large family too, and that kind of stuff always happened. I'm 7 of 9 - I was the kid getting her nose pinched lol.