ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen Thankfulness List

It is hard to do this today, since we are looking at not only not getting the severance package that Donnie's work was supposed to give us, but they also did not pay Donnie for his last week or two at work, and have no intention of doing so. Isn't that illegal?
So, we may have a long road ahead of us to get money due, but in the mean time......... We have no paycheck this week. I'm a little freaked out right now.

  1. I am very thankful for electricity.
  2. I am very thankful for heat in our home.
  3. I am very, very thankful I have a home.
  4. I am thankful that the kids are all healthy while we have no insurance.
  5. I am thankful that I have all my children, they are such a joy in my life.
  6. I am thankful I have a great husband.
  7. I am thankful for truly amazing friends that are always there for me.
  8. I am thankful for our extended family.
  9. I am thankful for my blog readers, whom I truly care for.
  10. I am thankful for working vehicles.
  11. I am thankful for my church family.
  12. I am thankful for my God, who will never let me go.
  13. I am thankful for the opportunity to pray like I've never prayed before, and to see the miracles that God can do. To be able to see God moving in our lives for our good, no matter what it looks like on the outside. To be able to place my security in God, instead of the reliable income that I so trusted before.

I can easily lose the first 3 in the next couple weeks, and even my blog readers when I no longer have access to the internet (or electricity, lol). But most of the other things will be there no matter what.

So, I am thankful for today, and what I have today. I will let what the economy brings hit me another day.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Wendy said...

Gosh, it's been a while since I've been here. I didn't realize Donnie was losing his job. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I did a thankful list too. Only, maybe not quite as meaningful.

Lisa said...

Father God I lift this family up prayer, I pray that you will meet all their needs. I pray that the money due to Donnie comes quickly. I pray that you give the family peace and calm over this situation. Father you know their hearts and their needs, I have faith you will meet each and every one of those needs even down to house payments, heat, and lights. Father I ask you to bless this family abundtly and shower them with your amazing GRACE!

Jackie said...

And Amen.

Anonymous said...

Great prayer. Amen. We're there for you as a church and family.

Chad

Sassyfrazz said...

Yes, and AMEN! There are so many things that we take for granted~~ God is awesome!

I am thankful for you, Lisa!!
*hugs*