ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 26, 2008

What's all that screaming about?

Kaytlin called me while we were on our way home from Texas and asked me if she could read something to me. I said "Sure."

"Dear Kaytlin,
This letter is to inform you that you have been accepted into Northwestern College...."
That was about as far as we got. Then the screaming started.

Kaytlin not only got into her dream college, she also got a pretty large scholarship based on her excellent grades!

Kaytlin is very excited, and we are very proud of her, and happy for her.

I am also proud of her because she is such a kind person. She was walking home from work today and a boy Drew used to PCA for was riding his bike along side her. (for what reason, I don't know) She spent time talking to him about Thanksgiving. Just being nice. Not many people are very nice to him because of whatever his disabilities are, mentally.
Later, he came by the house and asked Devon for permission to date Kaytlin. Isn't that sweet? Devon told him that Kaytlin doesn't date at all, but even he was nice about it. I think it is a testimony to how sweet she is.
Of course, she will be mad at me for blogging it, lol.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kris said...

YAY KAYTLIN!!!!!!!!!

Joyful Noise said...

Kaitlyn is very sweet - but Devon just broke that boys heart!

Congrats Kaitlyn - for her acceptance and the scholarship!

Anonymous said...

Go Northwestern!!!

Chad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a proud moment!

Grandma J said...

Congratulations Kaytlin! Way to go!

michelle said...

That is such wonderful news! I would be screaming too. Congratulations!

Sassyfrazz said...

WOW~~ Way to go Kaytlin! Another way of God blessing you...a huge scholarship~ WOO HOO!

Kaytlin is a very sweet girl, and that is probably why Caleb requests her all the time. :)