ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 30, 2008

Clarification

I re-read my dating post and I wanted to clarify something that I wrote that sounded different than I meant it. 

I said that I don't think Shelby is the one for Drew.  Then I went on with some things about them. But those had nothing to do with why I say that. I had felt that way before meeting her. I know that I am going to "know" when it is right. God has blessed me with that gift with my kids. I just KNOW when something is good or not good with them.  So I am assuming I will know when it is the right person. (I haven't been wrong yet on the wrong people for Drew and Devon!) 

After I met Shelby, I would love it if she was the one, it just didn't change my gut feeling. After talking with Shelby about things I didn't know, and were none of my business, I am even more wishing I didn't feel that they are not the right people for each other. 

If they prove me wrong, I won't complain. After they grow up a bunch and become equally yoked. After all, it isn't every day that you come across a girl who isn't afraid to have a bunch of kids. You need a brave one to attempt life with Drew with his mom and all her friends praying Drew will have 7 daughters. 

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

Thanks for the clarification! Indeed God will choose the perfect mate for all of your children but He will use you and your husband to see what they wouldn't see (love sometimes makes people blind!)
and to protect them and to act in their best interest!

Sassyfrazz said...

Yep, 7 daughters for Drew would be a challenge for any girl! ~lol

Grandma J said...

If by chance, your prayer for Drew to have 7 daughters is answered, he could ask my dad for advice. He survived raising 7 daughters, not to mention 3 sons too!