ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 28, 2008

The last Christmas party of the year

We had Christmas at my dad's house this weekend. We haven't been hitting Christmas eve or day much lately because my step-mom works and we need to work around her schedule, so it has actually worked out really well in order to have all the grandkids around. (a few have to work around two sets of parents and that can be hard)
Samuel actually did really well without his Batman most of the time we were there! We only had to pull it out just before we left to make him calm. He was a turd and into trouble, but thankfully not like he gets into at home, lol.
Drew did bring his friend, Shelby, to dinner. She survived. Actually she fits right in to my family. That is scary. (Hi, Shelby!) Just as she walked in the door she met my brother, Rick, who introduced himself by saying "Run! Run as fast as you can!" But she stayed. And figured out that that was the guy we warned her about. I'll blog about Shelby another time, though.

Preparing food for 24 people is quite taxing on a person. Especially Klub (giant, gray pototo dumplings with ham in the middle), which is nasty, but it takes a long time to make it. Then getting everything ready with grandkids everywhere, adult kids play arguing, some pushing and bumping, and even a knife fight in the bathroom, well, it is a bit stressful. My step-mom was alternating between snapping at people and loving on the grandkids. It was a bit like she was bi-polar at times, lol. (love you, Ma!) So, later in the evening when we were playing cards and getting some leftovers together for supper, my brother Chris and I both wanted mayo with our ham sandwhich instead of butter. Ma said "If you want mayo you can make your own bleep sandwiches." A few minutes later she was telling Sam no to something and Chris turns around and says "Hey, May, when you see the Wizard are you going to ask him for a heart?" Let me just say that it is a good thing I had nothing in my mouth at that moment. We about died laughing. She was ticked, but really it was funny. She did make Chris his sandwich, though. I didn't get one, so I stole part of his.

Ma and Dad also decided that next year instead of getting each other Christmas presents (well instead of them getting US presents, we are still allowed to buy for THEM) that we would just take the money and buy for a needy family in the area. Chris wasn't taking that so well (in jest) and I piped in "Yeah, well if Donnie doesn't have a job by then, we could be that needy family." and she answered "You don't live in this county." I replied "If Donnie doesn't have a job by next Christmas, we'll be living right here in this house." You should have seen the look on her face! LOL

It was a fun day. We are all kind of mean in our humor and I love it!
Here are some pictures of our day. See if you can find The Grinch in these pics. I think she is wearing a flowered hoodie, lol. (my sister Liz)

Click to play Christmas at My Dad's
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

Sounds like you had fun, and fun poking jest at your step-mom in spite of her scrooge-ways. :)
Fun pictures!

Anonymous said...

crying 3rd time to hear the story roflol still
padma

Lisa said...

If you see the Wizard, ask for my nice terperment back...this has been a long Christmas break, Sometimes I think I married STUPID, but then again its been while since I have been PG..he should know by now not to wake a sleeping pregnant mama just to ask where an item is!!!,

Laura Paxton said...

Wow...didn't realize the husband still didn't have a job...hope THAT gets solved soon!!

Grandma J said...

Somehow, I missed this post earlier. You'll have to explain sometime about the knife fight in the bathroom...that sounds exciting! I love the picture of you all with the Santa hats where Sam is screaming his head off. Very cute!