ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 30, 2009

Can I get it all done today?

If today were Thursday, I'd being doing my list of 13 things I need to do today. It is not going to be a relaxing day for me. Until later. 
You see, Donnie and I are going away for the weekend. Not by ourselves, but without kids! Our church has an annual couples retreat with broom ball, snow tubing, wall climbing, and games. It is catered all weekend, so we don't have to do anything but have FUN! 

Now, if you know me at all, you know I fought this tooth and nail, even though I had a good time last year. I don't like to be outside. I don't like to do physically active sports or things that could hurt me or are outside. I don't like the snow or cold. I don't like being cold. I don't like being outside. 

This year one of my friends is going, so it may even end up being a bit better than last year. I wish all my girlfriends were going, but they aren't. Some excuses like just having a baby, or her husband is out of the state or can't afford it........ Lame-o! LOL Just kidding! 

Donnie loves going, so I am going along begrudgingly, and I know I will enjoy it. Even the snow tubing. 

I have no clean clothes. Trinity has no clean pants. My warmest winter coat is stained from dirt (probably from tubing last year), so I am trying again to scrub it up. But I am not wearing a better coat for playing in the snow. 
I need to:
1. Start laundry~ Check! 
2. Go to Walmart and buy socks, gloves, and disposable diapers for the baby sitter.
3. Pack for the kids for the sitter.
4. Pack for us, including bedding and towels.
5. Make sure there are enough groceries for the older kids. 
6. Get directions to the resort. 
7. Make arrangements for Hope-Anne to be able to get picked up from school after HER trip away with the school today. 
8. Keep from fighting with Donnie today.
9. Mail a package to Drew. (I should mail to my niece and to my brand new nephew, too)

Speaking of Drew......... He is doing amazing in ATC (Air Traffic Controller school), the class is divided into 5 blocks, and he just passed block two with a 96%. We knew his grades in high school were NOT his best. LOL 
But he is still having a rough time. 
It is weird. Drew is pretty much super likable. I don't know anyone who doesn't like him. He has friends in all "groups" in school. He is just FRIENDLY. 
But his roommate doesn't like him. Weird things, even after Drew apologizes he still holds a grudge and is just hateful. (Drew used his coffee pot to heat up water!) Drew would try to help him buy picking up his things if he left them out, because they do get in trouble for that, and the guy freaked at him and started cussing him out! Even after all that, the guy got a concussion and Drew woke up ever couple of hours through the night to wake him to be sure that he was OK. Drew tried.
The guy was going to be phasing up (I don't understand that, so don't ask) and would be moving to a new dorm yesterday. But Drew started getting pulled aside and told that his roommate was going to pee in his bed when he leaves. 
So, yesterday Drew walks into his room just after his roommate walks out to head for his bus. Hmm, the bed isn't the way Drew makes it. It is suspiciously the way his roommate makes it. Yep, big pee stain on the mattress cover. 
So, Drew went and got him yanked just before getting on the bus and now there is an investigation. No one that told Drew actually heard the guy say it, and there are many people who have heard the rumor, but no one that actually heard the guy say it. 
There is a glitch, though. The guy busted a few people the weekend before for underage drinking, so he has a few enemies. And they knew that the guy didn't like Drew. Anyone one could have started the rumor and then did it to get him in trouble. Drew knows it was him, he has spent months with the guy, he knows how that guy makes a bed. 

Drew has a new room with a new bed now, but has to deal with this investigation. 
It is frustrating because he has watched the guy bust people constantly, get hated, do stuff, get away with it, and even when he is caught, he somehow manages to get out of the punishment. He is not a well-liked guy. But he will probably get away with this. 
He needs to lose rank for awhile, or get sent back to the beginning of training. Donnie thinks he should get an Article 15, but I don't know about that, he can change and grow up sometime, and to have that on his record? He does need to be punished, though. Like making him sleep in that bed. That would be good. 

Pull my mama claws back in now. Drew is a big boy and can take care of this himself. 

I better get busy. I have lots to do and little time to get it done. 

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

Hey, we have to pick Molly up too, so we could prolly give "Win-Ban" a ride home too. Unless you've made other arrangements already.

I don't suppose I really have any excuse not to go...except that I hate the cold, and physical-type games and the cold and outside in the winter... Does that sound familiar? Oh wait, I do have an excuse...someone has to stay behind and do worship team while the rest of you are away!
Have fun!

Christine said...

Lisa,
"It's tough being a woman in a mean world." and
"as a mom I never knew I could hate an 8 year old so much." said through gritted teeth. -Beth Moore

Have you heard either of hose sentences anywhere recently? LOL.

Joyful Noise said...

I think it would be fun to hang out with you for a whole weekend and not have any of our kiddos...however, I wouldn't go to a couple's retreat w/o my hubby...Sorry!