ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 31, 2009

Daniel X: Alien Hunter

I did a review on the first book The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson. I thought it was a fun book, and the story was like Men in Black for pre-teens-early teens. Very fun! 
Cody wasn't interested in it, but Hope-Anne was hooked, right along with me. 
So when the new book, Daniel X Alien Hunter came out in a graphic novel form I was excited to review it! I wasn't sure how Cody would respond this time, but I had hope. 
Luck would have it that this year Cody has mandatory reading time for homework. I forced him to read this book. Forced is a strong word, because the only force needed was to make him look at it. Then he sat down and read it cover to cover! 
Look at the amazing graphics! The illustrator is none other than Leopoldo Gout. What a great combination! James Patterson and Leopoldo Gout! 

Daniel X is an alien who hunts bad aliens. He has an amazing power to create with his imagination. In the first book he fought a bad buy by becoming so small that he could climb inside the guys ear, and then make himself big, which killed the alien. Daniel also can think about his friends and his parents (who are dead) and make them real. 
I am not going to spoil the graphic novel (comic book, hehe) but I have to tell you that if you have a reluctant boy reader, you need to order this! Cody loved the book. 
I asked him why he liked it so much when he wouldn't read the first book. Apparently, being able to see the pictures with it makes it readable. It definitely appeals to boys. Cody loved that Daniel could create things and do things with his imagination. Every boys dream power! (besides x-ray vision)

Daniel X Alien Hunter is a paperback book (much thicker than a comic book), and it is available at Amazon for only $9.99! I read on their website that it would be selling for almost $30, so I think you should grab that Amazon price! This book will be our gift of choice for any of Cody's friends who have birthdays this year. 

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

sounds good!