ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 13, 2009

Freshside Grille

I recently received some gift cards for Long John Silvers so I could try the new Freshside Grille menu. We don't have one in town, but we do have one about 1/2 hour away, right where we love to do our fun shopping! Of course we have to go eat after shopping, right? That is where we eat after doing our school shopping. 

While I love Long John Silver's food, I really need to make better choices now that I am determined to eat healthier and lose weight. Plus, I really should encourage the kids to eat better, too. Fish is  good brain food, and good for the heart, eyes and immune system. 


Donnie and I ordered from their new Freshside Grille menu today. He ordered the Tilapia and I ordered the Shrimp Scampi. We ended up switching plates. The shrimp was good, but I wanted the Tilapia, but he had already ordered it and I wanted to test out a couple of menu items. 
The food came on rice, with a bread stick and a side of veggies AND a corn on the cob. Whew! That is a LOT of food. I could not eat it all. The rice was great, perfectly moist and seasoned slightly so it wasn't bland, but not so much that I could say what they did. The vegetables were coated in some sort of sauce. Maybe a thick buttery-herb type thing? I wasn't fond of it. The carrots were good, but the green beans were a bit soggy. Breadstick, yum!  The Tilapia was tasty. The garlic and herb seasoning was perfect and had a lemony flavor.  Best of all? The fish only has 110 calories! The whole meal is about 800 calories and 22.5 grams of fat. Much better than fried menu choices. 
I would order this again. 
The Shrimp Scampi was similar, same sides. The shrimp was fantastic, though. I bit into it and it just exploded in my mouth. In a good way, lol. Juicy shrimp is a treat. 

I can't avoid eating out with 6 kids. I have so much running to do, sometimes I just have to do it. I applaud Long John Silvers for making low fat, non-fried options to eat. It is nice to know that companies are listening and want to give us something we can eat when we are out and about. 

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I have been craving Fish and chips!!! I don't want healthy either!!!
But its good to know hubby can eat heathy..