ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 13, 2009

Music Learning

Contrary to my personal preferences, I live in a musical house. Not just because I have 3 teenagers living here. My family seems to love music! (that would exclude me, I am NOT a music lover)
Donnie loves music and introduces the kids to various kinds from in the womb. He would hook up headphones to my belly and let the baby enjoy the sounds. (I was not so fond of this when he would play rock music and they would start dancing)
That has paid off as our children (except Cody) have come to love music. In fact, Kaytlin plays electric guitar for our worship team and sings and Hope-Anne plays the Clarinet. Trinity is looking like she will be a singer.
One of the best ways to encourage music learning is through play. Little First Act Discovery toys has a new line of stuffed animals that plays music and teaches things such as pitch, harmony and rhythm.
We have Xander Xylophone. Isn't he cute?! 
Samuel adores him, too. 
You can play along with your child as early as 6 months. You can press the tummy to play notes or the hands and feet to play songs. There are scales and counting and clapping beats to learn. For little ones he even says "That's my foot." and you can then touch their foot and teach them. 

We love Xander, but there are 3 other animals available, two play piano and one plays the guitar. 

Learning music is important, and the earlier you start, the better for the child. 

How do you incorporate music into your child's life? Do you start young? Are you purposeful about it or is it just a part of your life?

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

We love music here too and that toy sound lovely!