ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 01, 2009

Wanna hear me gripe?

Good, because I am going to go off a bit. 

I like to order my prints from Walmart.com. I upload them online, and have all the time in the world to pick out which ones to print and what size, how many, etc. It is great! Then I pay right there, they print them and send them to my local Walmart to be picked up. Normally they are ready in 5 days or so. I go to Walmart enough, and if not, Donnie used to drive by twice a day so he could pick them up. Very convenient.

So I decided to order family pictures and senior pictures for Christmas. I placed my order on December 16th. They sent me a confirmation email, as always, and it said that they will send me an email when they get to the store. Sometimes they call, too. AFTER I placed the order, they informed me that the pics will be done somewhere between the 22nd and 26th. Great, it is going to take a week longer than normal? Not happy. 

I kept checking for an email from them. Nothing. I stopped into the store on the 21st and 24th. They weren't in yet. I was hoping they would be early, but they told me they are running a couple of days late. Perfect. I guess I am not giving out pictures for Christmas. I already paid, so I am not ordering the 2 hour now. 

The 26th comes and goes. Nothing. I keep checking online and the order is listed as "processing." We hit the 28th, 29th, 30th..... still processing. Finally I am ticked off. So I call them on the 31st. Online it still says processing. On the phone, after 4 minutes of the phone ringing in their department (yes, I timed it), they answer the phone and say my pictures are there. I told him how they are late, and that I haven't gotten an email about them, etc. He doesn't even apologize. "Well, they are here now." Seriously! 

I go to pick them up and on one of the packages it says that they called me on 12/18. I said that the did no such thing, I have caller ID, and I know how to use it. Besides, if they were in on the 18th and they called, why weren't they in on the 21st and 24th? Huh? Tell me that! The girl says "Sometimes they put them under here to keep them safe." Safe from what? Being picked up?

 Then I take a look at the pictures to make sure they are right. The 8x10 of Kaytlin has the top of her head chopped off. Maybe if it was already in a frame and that much was off, it wouldn't look too bad, but add matting and a frame and it would be half-way down her forehead! Apparently they cut off parts of the picture. So I refuse the picture. 

Yeah, not that easy. They want a receipt. Hello, I paid online, I don't have a receipt. (turns out it is IN with the pictures, and you would think the idiot working there would KNOW that.) Well, they don't know what I paid for it, so they can't help me. What? It is your stupid JOB, and you don't know what it costs? Seriously? They say I have to go to Customer Service. 
Not one apology for anything. 

I am TICKED. 

So Donnie calls and I am outside the bathrooms in the back of the store waiting on Hope-Anne and I am telling him how ticked I am and that the picture is not usable and the people were rude and didn't even apologize.... I was on a rant. 
A lady interrupts my call and asks "Are you mad at Walmart?" Umm, Yeah
So I get off the phone to see what her problem is. She is not dressed in Walmart blues, so I don't know why she is interrupting my phone call. 
I tell her what happened and show her the picture and she goes in the back and brings me CASH for the picture. I don't have to stand in line at Customer Service! She apologized and was so nice. That is great customer service. If only it could spread to the photo center. 

Then this morning I find that even the wallets I ordered of that print have Kaytlin's head cut off. Great. 

Walmart Photo Center, you have become my new McDonald's. 


Then I went to a New Year's Eve party and all was right with the world. 

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my Hardies - where the cashier argued with me over what I wanted to order.

To my joy, that particular Hardies is out of business now.

Carina said...

We only use Walgreens for pictures now. I got tired of the relative incompetence at Wal-mart.

Sassyfrazz said...

How irritating!! GRRR~~ Yes, it is one of my biggest pet peeves~ bad Customer Service. It was nice of that Walmart person to refund your money...now to get the refund for the wallets!

So, is that why you had so much brut? J/K! New Year's Eve night was a blast!! Lots of memories and fun!

Grandma J said...

I have had good luck with Walgreens.com too...but I've never tried Walmart. I guess I won't now.