ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 24, 2009

What is wrong with me?

Last night as I drove home from work in the -30 windchill I could not get my car to warm up. It is a 45 minute drive, so you would think I would be toast long before I got home. I had my long sleeved sock monkey shirt on, two coats, winter boots with fake fur in them, a thick hoodie that I laid over my legs to keep them warm, and suede gloves. If I had the air blowing on my fingers so they would stop stinging, my legs would start stinging from the cold. 
I finally decided to go for cold everywhere instead of slightly less than warm on my fingers and freezing on my toes. 
By the time I got home and took off my boots I couldn't really feel my little toe. I went to Donnie and told him I thought maybe I got frostbite. He started to warm my toes up, as they started to tingle and feel numb and weird. But they weren't THAT cold. It wasn't the cold that was causing it. 
OK, then. 
About 20 minutes later it happened in my opposite hand! And it went all the way up to my shoulder. It felt heavy. 
Off to Karaoke we went, and I started feeling stiff in my neck and achy up my spine. 
I shrugged it off, because what was I going to do?

I had fun at Karaoke. Talking with most of my friends (a couple couldn't come because of illness) and laughing and planning. We even sang! The three of us who don't sing. It was kind of telling when we were the only ones NOT clapped for. It's a CHURCH people! You are supposed to be nice!
I sat on the couch all snuggly with Anna and Jody. I just love them so much! After awhile they started to look at me weird and raised their eyebrows at each other. 
"What?"
"Um, you are rather touchy-feely tonight." 
"Oh, am I making you guys uncomfortable?"
"No, that's fine, we'd expect that of Sarah, but it's YOU." 

So, true. I am not the huggy, snuggly one at all. That is really weird. Way out of character for me. 

Soon after, though, I started getting SICK. My legs got really weak and shaky, and I was worried I'd throw up. I think I had a slight fever, too. I am much less queasy and shaky, but my neck is still stiff and my arm is still heavy and achy. 
But, at least I shared my germs with my best girls! Aren't you supposed to pay it forward? My friend Padma shared it with me. That is why she wasn't at Karaoke. 

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

I'm so glad I wasn't snuggling on the couch with you guys. Maybe there's hope for me not getting whatever it is you have. It was a fun night, and I'm sorry no one clapped for you guys, I would have, but I think I may have left the room to check on the kiddos or something.

Qtpies7 said...

We were that bad. We should be happy that we weren't booed, lol.
The Lion Sleeps tonight is not our song!

Anonymous said...

lol I got it from my friend Alan! He was sick a couple days after the funeral. If you c my pics on face book, I stood close to him to take the pics. LOL Those old christian H S guys are the only ones I will touch. They are like my brothers. That is what happens in families. LOL
Padma

Joyful Noise said...

Good thing it wasn't the Gong Show...don't think we would have made it very far into the song.

Sassyfrazz said...

I so badly wanted to be there last night! I miss you guys! I wish Maddie didn't get sick (again)!! Terry has washed that car seat from puke sessions so many times!

So, are you going to get it checked out? What do you think it is from? Sounds scary!