ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 12, 2009

Apparently I am too famous

Do you ever wonder what life is like in a family with a famous parent?
Famous sports player: "Hey, kids! I won a gold medal in the race today!"
Famous singer: "Hey, kids! My song is going to be played on a TV show!"
Famous writer: "Hey, kids! My book is on the best seller list!"

What do their kids say? After awhile do they stop getting excited? Do they care anymore?

I got a taste of that today.

"Hey, kids! I am going to write for a Minnesota newspaper online!"




Kaytlin said "Oh, that's good." Cody and Devon said NOTHING. They didn't even acknowledge that I had spoken. Hope-Anne asked me what I would be writing about.

Wow.

I asked the boys why they didn't even respond.
"The whole blogging, writing, being on TV stuff is getting old."

Hmm. So are your swim meets.

Hope-Anne loves me. She cares. I think I am going to buy her a present.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

Just tell the others that Hope-Anne is your favorite child. : )

Joyful Noise said...

Make sure you give it to her in front of them and that they know why she is getting it!

Congrats on the newspaper job it is a start to fame and fortune!! :)

Carina said...

Someday they'll look back and realize how cool their mom really was.