ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 10, 2009

Do you ever miss it?

When I was in school I hated lunch most days. But we always looked forward to pizza day! It was always cheese pizza, but it was good. Well, good for school food, not good compared to Papa Johns.

But I kind of miss school pizzas. Those rectangular soggy pieces of red sauce and gooey cheese. Always served with corn. Right?

Now-a-days, our high schoolers get pizza from Pizza Hut, yum! I guess I could go visit the kids at lunch and get my school lunch fix. But Hope-Anne is the only one who would welcome me, lol. I'll have to check their menu plan and stop in and visit her since Donnie is still not working and can watch the little kids.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

The school lunches at the high school in Oregon used to be provided by Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and other commercial establishments. Where we live now, the corporate vendors are gone and it is all done on contract by a meal service. My son bought lunch ONE time at school and decided never again to touch the food. They had samples at parent night, and I have to admit, I wouldn't eat it either, if that is the best they had to offer. Nasty stuff.

Michelle

Lisa said...

To this day I miss my school's Pluto Pup's. Hot dog in a roll.. The only thing Josiah will eat in school is the Pizza...

I used to work in the lunch room for free lunch then I was paid to work in the lunch room with free lunch and I loved it.

Cheryl Pitt said...

I love school tacos...they were always in a crazy psychadelic (sp?) orange sauce...

Anonymous said...

I miss those days also. I lived for pizza day. I used to take my cheese off first and then role up the dough and eat it. I can't believe I remember that but I do.

Chad

Sassyfrazz said...

Pizza Hut? Are you kidding me? I can't believe your school gets Pizza Hut for the kids!

I always loved the Italian dunkers with the meat sauce...yum! Oh, and that chocolate pudding.