ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 27, 2009

Endless sources of amusement, these kids........

I know that most parents will confess that their children bring them great joy. You hear it all the time, and it is true. But it loses it's sweetness the more you hear it, right? I mean, a single person who is getting married and thinking about whether or not they'll want to have kids hears this over and over, and begins to think "Yeah, right, like it is that great."

The truth is, I don't want these days to end! I love having kids, even on the bad days. I can't remember a day that one of them hasn't made me laugh. That is 19 years of laughter, my friends! I don't even have to rent a movie or pay for cable, I have it right here 24/7!

Last night Sam was sitting on the couch watching a cartoon and had his knees tucked up to his chest and pulled his shirt over them. (remember when our legs were small enough to fit in our shirts while we were wearing them? Me, neither) Soon Sam starts hollering to Donnie "Stuck, dada!" Donnie looks over and there is Sam, one leg out of the shirt bottom and one leg sticking out of the neck. While it is still around his neck. Donnie tells Sam to come over to him for help. Across the living room. With one leg sticking out out by his ear. So Sam does it! He gets on the floor and sort of crawls to Donnie that way.

The tears! So funny! Sure, I thought it rather mean (lazy) to not go help him, but wouldn't that be hysterical to watch?

Later we swept under the couches and around the living room/dining rooms and got a pretty large pile of dishes, soda cans, toys, books and trash mounded up in the middle of the floor. Hope-Anne is sort of like Hammie, all distracted by the cookie and a tad hyper. She can't get it picked up. We are constantly reminding her to work. "But I like the cookie."

Donnie got a brilliant idea. He started getting Sam to recycle the soda cans, and that was good, but not quite brilliant. He got Trinity to try to beat Hope-Anne at cleaning! Soon Sam was in on the competition and they were fighting over brooms, Sam was hanging off Hope-Anne's "Mine! Leggo!" They were just a-racing along cleaning like maniacs. "Am I winning?"

The room got cleaned lickety-split and we wondered why we hadn't done this ages ago. We didn't know Trinity and Sam could clean!
We are on to them now...........

Then Drew called and got to talk to the kids, and he about died laughing at the vision of Sam in the shirt and Trinity's little Heaven talk. But then he talked to Sam. Sam chattered away, totally unintelligible between the "Hi, Dew" and the "Bye-bye" which immediately ended the conversation while Drew was still saying good-bye.

Devon soon called from swimming sections. He was so hyper and was talking higher pitched than normal (which means we could actually hear him for once, not that he sounded like a girl) and he was talking so fast I had a hard time deciphering what he was saying. But the gist of it was that he'd shaved 2 seconds off his IM and if one person gets sick he'll get to go to finals and the people who beat him got there by less than 1 second Cody beat 4 seconds off his best time even after losing his goggles, and if he hadn't lost his goggles he would have kicked butt royally and Devon's relay team is probably going to come in 8th which means a medal for them and they didn't want to leave the hotel but they were forced to go to Pizza Hut and it is closed now so they are sitting around bored but he is so happy and excited and he doesn't know why....... Yes, one long, hyper sentence, lol.

And then there was the teasing Kaytlin for talking on the phone for hours and hours. If just spent half that time cleaning, she could do everyone's chores.

And this all took place after 4PM.

Why don't people want their lives filled with this? Give me 10 more! (just not all at once, please)

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

That story is hysterical! You know you had me rolling! I wish I could have seen it, too! :) POOR SAM~

Sassyfrazz said...

OH and your boys are doing fabulous with swimming!! I bet you are just so proud of them. I wonder if Sartell is in their division with Sections? They have probably seen my brother, if they are.

Too funny about the kids fighting over cleaning. If Caleb doesn't do what I ask, I sometimes say, "I bet Maddie can get it for me." Then, he is in a mad dash race to do what I ask. Is there something wrong with that? :) ~Lol

Joyful Noise said...

Competition among siblings is great - especially when the house gets cleaned too...cleaning is too boring at our house though - maybe I will tell them that I will have Sam and Trinity come clean for them and then they can have the toys see what happens.

The boys are doing great in their swimming...I would hate for someone to get sick but it would be cool for Devon to go to the finals.

How is Drew doing? Hope all is well with him!