ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 07, 2009

New VeggieTales Movie!

This house is a Veggie Tales house. Big and small, we love them all! My husband started the obsession years ago when he brought home Dave and Giant Pickle. I didn't get it, but he was laying on the floor with the kids laughing. Now we all love the strange humor and the lessons. Many times we have brought up situations on Veggie Tale movies to help the kids through something. (especially the song "God is bigger than the boogie man")

The newest addition, Abe and the Amazing Promise, is available today in Christian book stores! It will be available in other stores February 10.

A lesson in Patience is the theme. And it is a lesson, all right. Watching the first story tried my patience endlessly, LOL! Bob was trying to interview Abe and Sarah about their long awaited promise of a baby. They were endlessly interrupted by spitting camels, an impatient boy wanting his cookies, whiny camera crew, and a crazy nurse. Wow! The lesson was that if you trust God with what He says, you can wait patiently for it. Or trust what your mom says, for that matter! It was a good story, and I love the story of Abe and Sarah waiting on a promised baby!

The silly song, Sneeze if You Need To, did not do it for me. I normally love the silly song, but this one was nothing to sneeze at. (pun intended)

I liked the second part of the video a lot. The Blunders in Boo-Booville was funny, and it taught about patience in a fun way. I think it also taught some good lessons on friendship. That was my favorite part of the new movie.

We had a great time watching Abe and the Amazing Promise together as a family. I enjoy hearing the kids burst out laughing at the slapstick stuff. This movie is great family entertainment.

If you purchase both the Abe and the Amazing Promise DVD and The VeggieTales Bible you can receive a $10 rebate by mail with proof of purchase.

Abe and the Amazing Promise Synopsis:
Bob the Tomato tries to bring the Bible story of Abraham and Sarah and their wait for a promised son to life, but when spitting camels and a film crew of zany French peas get involved, everyone’s patience is tested! Will Bob pull everything together in time to teach a lesson? Whether they’re waiting on a promise from God or cookies from mom, kids will learn that while being patient is never easy, the reward is always worth the wait!

The DVD also features the musical “misadventures” of Blunders in Boo-Boo-Ville where Jacques (Larry the Cucumber) attempts to invent a way to bring back the boo-boo birds and discovers that taking time to do things the right way is the best way!

Bonus Features
● Music and Video: New Silly Song Sing-Along “Sneeze If You Need To”
● Behind the Scenes: How Did We Make A Lesson In Patience? Art Gallery and Commentary
● Video Trivia, Interactive Storybook, Discussion Guide

● Interactive Game, How to Draw Abraham and a Boo-Boo Bird

About Big Idea, Inc.
Big Idea, Inc., an Entertainment Rights group company, is the leading faith-based studio and producer of children’s and family programming, characters and brands. Since 1993, Big Idea’s best-selling animated series VeggieTalesÒ has sold 52+ million videos, 13 million books and more than 7 million CDs. VeggieTalesÒ and Big Idea’s newest property, 3-2-1 Penguins!, are in their third season as top-rated series on NBC Saturday mornings, Telemundo and ION TV via the qubo children’s programming block. The studio's two theatrical releases, Jonah-A VeggieTales Movie (2002), and Universal Pictures' and Big Idea's The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything-A VeggieTales Movie (2008), are distinguished among the top ten most successful faith-based films of all time. Big Idea also maintains an extensive presence in publishing, licensing and live entertainment arenas. For more information on Big Idea, visit: www.bigidea.com.



Thank you to Family Review Network & Veggies Tales for the great movie to review!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

I wondered where you got the movie from to review. I don't really understand why Big Idea sends movies out to other companies to review before sending them to their own ambassadors. They even asked us for suggestions for this movie's title...but I think they stuck with the one they were going to use anyway.

I can't wait to get my copy!

Qtpies7 said...

I guess maybe they think bloggers have a bigger reach? They probably don't know that you blog.

Sassyfrazz said...

I would have loved to get on this blog review! I think it was done awhile ago??

I would love to barrow it...looks like a great movie! :)

Sassyfrazz said...

Plus, Delilah is the voice of Sarah~

Qtpies7 said...

Sure you can borrow it!
I don't know who Delilah is, so I didn't mention it. It wouldn't be a selling point to me. I know now that she is on the radio, but that is all I know.