ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 24, 2009

Sacrifices

Over the last 19 years I have successfully potty trained 6 children. Sometimes it took a looooong time to get it done, but we always got there. I am confident that Sam will get there, too. I don't stress too much about it.

But there are things I have learned about parenting through potty training. One of the big things I have learned is about self-sacrifice. Parents will give up about anything in their lives for their children. Most parents will sacrifice their money and pride in order to bribe their children into using the potty.

Bribing never worked for us. We'd get big jars of toys, or bags of candy to give them a treat for leaving a mess in the potty chair for us to clean up. We discovered the art of self-sacrifice through that very method.

Our children will sacrifice the joy of candy or a new toy in order to keep us from from getting what we want. They'll take one for the team and have poo in their pants before they will let us lose our "baby."

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

annieology said...

And the magazines lied about the boys being slow and the girls being easy. At least around here.

Carina said...

They were right for our house. Mim was much easier than Zaya. Good luck on #7 Lisa!

purple6 said...

Two of my kids have also sacrificed the candy and new toy, lol!

Sassyfrazz said...

I hate potty training!