ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 22, 2009

Quality time

With the kids, and us, being so sick for so long, we hadn't let Trinity and Sam out of the house much. I took pity on Trinity and decided we needed a date. She needs some special time out of the house.
Donnie encouraged me to take her to a movie. So we went to see Hotel For Dogs. Not exactly a little kid flick. It was good, clean stuff, but she was bored out of her mind after she got through half a large popcorn herself. So we ended up leaving the movie early.
Today was a youth fundraiser at church, a bake sale. Trinity was dying to get these super cute cupcakes, and I bought them for her. I thought she'd eat one, but she ate 3, or rather, licked the frosting off three. Then had a soda at the movie.
So she was a tad antsy.
I let her pick what she wanted to do after the movie. She wanted a treat. Se we head to the car and she says "I want to find a shooting star so I can make a wish." I asked her what she'd wish for. "A candy machine. In our house." Mmmmhmmm. That is her dream.

So, we head to Walmart to find her some candy and search the store, but what finally got her was the gum ball machines. I let her get one gumball, then we went to eat before she could eat it.

She wiggled through the whole supper. Non-stop wiggling. Like her upper body couldn't stop dancing.

My eyes were about twitching by the time we got home.

And you know, the funny thing is, I could have avoided all that and just brought her to the grocery store and bought her a gumball. She would have been ecstatic.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Isn't it funny how the things we think are special are just so much extra, unnecessary fluff to the little guys?

Lisa said...

I like to do that with the kid's too.. Maveric loves going to the movies, instead of eating at the movies we go out to eat at California Pizza and we split the Royal Bannanna chocolate cake.

Lisa said...

I forgot to say anything we picked a name for the baby....

Sassyfrazz said...

Yes, I think sometime we lavish on our kids because we love them so much! Nothing wrong with a little spoil time now and then.