ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 20, 2009

22 years ago

Memory is a strange thing. There are so many things about my growing up years that I just can't remember, and then there are things that just stick in my mind.

Twenty-two years ago today Donnie asked me to go steady. OK, asked is not at all the word, he didn't ask at all. But it is the day we started going steady.

We were at Peppy's Pizza in Benson (which no longer exists) and we were eating pizza and deep fried dill pickles with my friend Linette, it was her birthday, and probably Donnie's friend Al. The pizza was probably shrimp pizza, Linette and I loved that.

Under the table Donnie pulled off my class ring, no big deal. But he replaced it with his ring and he kept mine. And there you have it. We were going steady.

I don't remember the date that Donnie and I got engaged, not the day he asked me or the date he gave me the ring. I remember vividly getting the ring, but not the date. Isn't that strange? It was probably the 18, 19 or 20th of December, though. That is the romantic story, but I remember the class ring exchange date.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

Cute. Is that the way he asked you to marry him too?

It was right around this time of year 10 years ago too, that I first contacted Ray on Matchmaker. I know we had talked over the phone a couple of times before Easter, which was like March 30th or something. Our first date was on April 9th of 1999, and we've been "going steady" ever since.