ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 04, 2009

Blond moment?

I think the blond highlights have seeped into my brain.

I have been sitting on the couch in the morning working on the laptop while the big kids get off to school and the little ones sleep in. It works great, I can be in the middle of things, while still getting work done.

But about 8:30 in the morning the sun streams in the kitchen window, hits the floor in the hallway and bounced directly into my eyes. It is blinding, migraine inducing bright.

I have tried shutting the door from the living room to the hallway. But the light shines right under the abnormally large space under the door and still hits me square in the eye. So then I have to shut the door from the hall to the kitchen. With both doors shut it mostly blocks out the sun, but sometimes I even have to throw a blanket at the base of the door.

But today, today, I just went in the kitchen and shut the blinds.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

How innovative! I have the same problem when I sit at this computer. There is a window right next to me. I used to throw a blanket over the window, but eventually bought one of those adjustable curtain/shade thingies for it. It works pretty well.

Lisa said...

ROFL Shutting the blinds would have been my first move....

Anonymous said...

You ARE your mother's daughter!!!

Sassyfrazz said...

That is so funny! It is like that e-mail we had trailing around awhile back...why??

Why do we vacuum over the same thing 50 times, then, we pick it up, place in front of the vacuum try again. If it still doesn't suck up, we shove it into the hose. reality: we can throw it in the garbage.

Silly! That is so funny...

Great post miss Lisa!