ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 11, 2009

DreamBox Learning

I am going to be homeschooling Trinity and Sam, and I have been working with Trinity a little bit this year to get her ready for kindergarten next year.
I want my children to be smart, but I really want an easy to use curriculum. Good, but easy for me.
I have been trying DreamBox Learning math program for K-2, and I have got to tell you about it!
Trinity doesn't get the whole adding and counting thing. She knows how to count pretty far, but she doesn't count a set of objects correctly very often. She really needs to learn some grouping. Then we started the DreamBox curriculum. I am very impressed, and I will tell you why.

DreamBox does constant assessments on your child, not just did she get it right, but how long did it take, is she getting faster at this? How many hints did she need? And the program places her exactly where she needs to be, skipping lessons she has mastered, and repeating skills she is not getting. It is a completely individualized curriculum. There is a parents panel where I can track her progress, too.

Why would she want to sit and repeat these lessons? Because she has no idea that it is work! She wants to PLAY! But I can see that she is learning. She plays games to earn tokens or other prizes that she can collect or spend at the carnival playing games, games that are really lessons and skills, lol. She begs me to let her play it. I have to tell her it isn't a school day so that I can spend time on the computer.


The games are fun and the graphics are just so cute! Everything is spoken, so she doesn't have to know how to read words yet.

The carnival games are fun. Trinity's favorite is the coloring game. It is not so much a game as an art/sticker thing. She plays with coloring, placing objects, making them bigger and smaller in relation to the rest of the picture. She could do that for hours, but she has to earn coins in order to keep playing, it is timed.

I love that they teach concepts outside of flash cards. Trinity really needs to get the grouping concept. She is loving it, and slowly getting better at it.
I am going to be using DreamBox for my math curriculum this coming year.
It costs:
Monthly: $12.95
Introductory offer through March 31, 2009!
6 months: $64.95 $49.95 — $8.33/month
12 months: $124.95 $99.95 — $8.33/month
You can try it free for 14 days, why not give it a try? DreamBox Free Trial

0 people think my kids are qtpies: