ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 05, 2009

Eyes wide open

Since our health, dental and vision benefits expire tomorrow, Kaytlin and I went in to get our eyes checked. We had just signed up for amazing covereage from VSP! I got an eye exam and up to $250 frames plus lenses, and my co-pay was $10!!!! Kaytlin got a contact exam, class and a year supply of contacts for........... $10!!!!

I will miss those benefits.

Today was the first time an optometrist has dilated my pupils. That is a very weird thing. I didn't mind the drops, not a big deal. But soon I couldn't read a magazine. I had no idea that you couldn't read things if your eyes were dilated. I read in the sun all the time. OK, not all the time, but the rare times I am in the sun and have a book.

I am so glad that I had Kaytlin with me. Today was a very overcast day. It was practically gray outside. No sight of the sun at all, the clouds completely covered the sky with gray. But when I walked outside I was blinded by the intense rays of the sun searing straight into my corneas! I had to ride all they way home with my eyes shut!

Kaytlin was freaked out by my pupils. She would barely help me pick out glasses. (I need help because I can't see what the glasses look like without having my glasses on.) Every time I looked at her she would say my eyes were gross, lol.

Oh, well, I'll have my cool new glasses next week sometime.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

That is so cool you got your glasses and Kaytlin's so dern cheap. It was good you used it while you could.

Grandma J said...

Did the eye doctor tell you what your corneas looked like? I had an interesting chat with one of the docs in town a few weeks ago. I think I told you about it. He almost forgot to recheck my eyes after he put the drops in...He thought he'd alread done it, but then he "couldn't remember what my corneas looked like". I knew he didn't. I didn't have the problem with the sunlight though, because it was dark out by the time we left.

Sassyfrazz said...

Yes, dialating is weird, and I don't like it either. Good thing that you guys got in just before the insurance was up. Nathaniel has an eye appt. on Mon., and he may need glasses, too. I hope not, though.

I didn't know Cindy was going to barrow my sleepy wrap...I was under the impression that she just wanted to see how it worked (like a demo). When you called, you said she wanted to see it. I use the wrap with Cole, so I am hoping she will bring it to ladies night.

toughturtles said...

change your blades on groundhog day wether you need them or not