ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 02, 2009

Quick note about my day before noon

So far today Sam has stolen Donnie's Mountain Dew again, drank so much that he had a massive burp that I thought was him getting ready to puke. Then later he did it again. Both times I could smell the Dew on him. But then he did start puking. More gagging up snot that drained down his throat paired with Dew on an otherwise empty stomach. MMMM, Dew and snot on an empty stomach.
I thought he was going to be sick today, so I was kind of glad I would have him down for the day while I work on the laptop and take care of him.
Not so much.

He wanted to eat, so I made him pancakes. He even got done and came and took mine.

Then I found out he can reach the counter when he got the syrup bottle down and emptied on the unfinished, pitted, ancient wooden floor. And the tub is clogged up so I can't give him a bath.
Do you know how many times you have to wash a normal kitchen floor to get rid of all the sticky from an entire bottle of syrup? Twelve. Yes, I do know that from experience. What do you think it it going to take to get the syrup out of the grooves and pits of the wood floor? When we discovered the syrup, Sam came in the kitchen doorway and stuck one foot in the air and said "Ta-da!" Still not funny.

Trinity has been adorable. She likes to make people out of her Toobies, giant people. She hugs them. LOL It is rather funny. Today she made and named Bob. He wants to eat pizza, too. He sat at the table, and now he is standing beside the couch she is sitting on. I think she is eating Bob's pizza, though.

The church's computer that has all the very important information on it died today. It stinks. Luckily Donnie hasn't started work so he can work on it today. Tomorrow he would not have been here. But that means he is not home today to help me with the kids. I have a few articles to write for my blog and my newspaper column. Plus I need to run to another town to pick up a phone from someone on freecycle. Devon's got a tiny bit of snow on it and died. We had just bought it a few months before that. Now we are sharing a phone with him. I just drugged Sam up with meds for his snotty nose, so hopefully he will nap well and not get hyper.

Yesterday I was supposed to take Devon to Stillwater to see a friend of his, but I lucked out and got Kaytlin and Peter to go instead. Kaytlin had Peter drive our car because she had homework to do and Peter gets motion sickness. (especially with her driving, lol) But Peter got a speeding ticket! Should we be mad or should be tease him mercilessly? Of course. We plan to torture him. No doubt about it. It's what I do best.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Qtpies7 said...

OK, so maybe that wasn't "quick."

Anonymous said...

After all of that, I'm embarrassed to say what little I did before noon. :-)

Joyful Noise said...

Quite the day! I haven't taken the time to scrub my floor even once much less twelve times...note to self - keep the syrup away from the boys!

Sassyfrazz said...

I am sorry to hear about Sam and the Dew, ~EWW.. lol.

WOW! 12 times! I will have to watch our kids of taking that syrup out of the fridge! I really don't want to deal with that!

Glad you wrote your articles today! I hope all the clicking helps! :)