ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 11, 2009

Verbal barf, sorry

I have a ton to say, and I am just gonna spew it out. There is no order to this post, lol.

Kaytlin's friend Peter is going on a choir trip out of state, so she had him over tonight, cause, you know, 5 days is like eternity. And a couple of girlfriends came over, too. They went out to pizza and then were going to go tubing, so they ran back here to get some hot chocolate.

I have a black insulate carafe that they could just fill and take to keep it warm. I don't normally use it, I think I used it once or twice. Well........... it blew up. Seriously. Blew up. The glass inside shattered and the bottom of the plastic even split open! Cody and Peter were standing in front of it when it blew, right into Peter's face. Kaytlin was so horrified! It did look like we'd killed him. He had chocolate dripping down the side of his face and all over the sleeve of his coat. I can't believe there were no shards of glass in his or Cody's face or eyes. God was watching out for them for sure, because there was glass all the way across the room.
(aren't these carafes meant to hold hot liquids and keep them hot? how could that have blown it up? crazy huh?)


Sam was messing around and put his booster seat on a chair, climbed in, strapped himself in, then promptly fell to the floor face first, as he hadn't strapped the seat to the chair. Split his lip open, so bloody. Then he was shortly afterwards the victim of the glass shards in his foot.



After a game of Quelf, the kids started heading home and we were cleaning up and munching on left-over pizza. Kaytlin and I were just chatting a bit and Sam begged me to pick him up. So I did, then leaned back against the counter. Behind him, in front of me, a toy caterpillar started making some music as it was shutting down. Sam turned around, looked down and said "Die!" Then turned back to me like nothing happened. I looked at Kaytlin, she looked and me. We started laughing, did he really just say that? Yes, he did.


So there you have my crazy night. But hey, my house is clean! I accomplished much today.

And it snowed a bunch again. Fun times.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

Oh my goodness! That is so scary! It sounds like you guys have had your share of mishaps. Hopefully today will be a better day.

Michelle

Sassyfrazz said...

Wow...a carafe shattering/exploding~ freaky! yes, God was protecting them!

Poor Sam! Hope his lip heals!

That is funny what he said to the caterpillar!

A clean house is always nice! If only it could stay cleaned! i feel like everytime I clean it only lasts an hour.

Have a good day~

Grandma J said...

Wow! I have a couple of those carafes myself. I never would have thought that would happen. Scary. And what would we do for entertainment if we didn't have the little guys around? Too cute!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry for the carafes thing how scarey God was watching the gang for sure.

How funny with Mr.Sam LOL!!!!