ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 10, 2009

What is attachment parenting?

Attachment Parenting (AP) is a confusing term to some people, but what it stands for is a way of parenting that is gentle and nurturing. There are as many different descriptions as there are parents who practice AP. However, there are a few philosophies that most AP families hold to in general.

What does "attached" mean?

Being attached to your child means that you have bonded in a special way. You have a connection that allows you to instinctively know what your baby is telling you and you have a need to help your baby rather than follow a set of parenting guidelines. That is responsive parenting.

What is attachment parenting?

To learn more you can read my complete article Attachment parenting: What is it? at the Examiner.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

I had never heard of "Attachment Parenting", while I was raising my babies...but I guess I did do most of these things. I breastfed 3 out of 4 of them. I had some type of front carrier for each of them, but I didn't "wear" them continually. I didn't ALWAYS co-sleep, but if they woke up at night, I took them to bed with me to nurse. I never EVER had them on a feeding schedule, just fed them "on demand". So, as far as I'm concerned, AP is simply following your natural insticts as a mother...which apparently, not all mom's have.