ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 21, 2009

Only at my house? Of course.

Ok, so everyone knows I am an arachnophopic person. Noone in my house really gets that, though. Yes, they know I am afraid of spiders, but they don't understand phobia or something. But last night we found someone else in the house who has a phobia. Kaytlin. She thinks her phobia is more understandable than my phobia, though. Except we see my phobia way more than we see hers.

Peter always texts Kaytlin after she leaves his town to be sure she got home alright. Last night he texted her and asked if she got home safely and she replied that she got home but wouldn't say she was safer at home. He called her RIGHT THEN. What was the problem? We had a centipede in our house! Peter was much relieved and blew off her fears.

Kaytlin was sitting in the dining room and the dog was acting weird and she looked and saw that he was casing something. She was up on a chair yelling "Help! OH, oh, someone get a cup! Quick!" We were asking her what it was, a mouse, a spider? "It's worse than a spider! It's worse than a mouse!"What is it??? A centipede!
Devon caught it for us thinking it was kind of cool. He lifted the cup for a minute and it came running toward us, so Kaytlin and I both were on chairs screaming, lol. I am not terrified of them, but I don't want one to run into my foot.

Sam came running to see what was going on and Kaytlin yelled at him to "stay back, icky bug!" And he got all excited! He wanted to see that "eee-eee buuuuh?"

The debate on whether or not they are poisonous ensued, which led to search engine wars on the dueling laptops. They are, indeed, poisonous, but pretty much harmless to us. But it then got disturbing. So disturbing that Devon even became freaked out by centipedes. Thankfully he had already caught it.

Donnie found a youtube video of a centipede EATING A MOUSE. You can go watch it if you want, but I warn you , it freaked out Devon. But Samuel, he LOVED it. His eyes were lit up like a Christmas tree. That boy is seriously warped.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness that so creeped me out so bad by just reading it!!!!!! I hate bugs with a passion sad thing is hubby hates them to and whines like a girl when I ask him to kill one for me.

Carina said...

I hate spiders, but I'm not prejudiced. I hate centipedes too. With the same intensity.

Jackie said...

I looked this thing up when we moved to Georgia. They are house centipedes -- as if the name made them some kind of domestic pet. And they are poisonous and they run fast. And they are creepy looking, like something out of a sci-fi movie. AND they can get pretty big! Congratulations on your find. I'm right there with you on my chair, and I'm only looking at it from my computer screen. Eeeeeek!