ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 14, 2009

Potty training is for the birds

OK, I don't know what the birds would do with it, but it is easier for them to train their babies. Just push them out of the nest.
Seriously, if Sam is naked all day, he will be potty trained ALL day. Put on a pair of undies, and he pees in them every time. When is he going to get it? You'd think I hadn't successfully potty trained 6 other kids, because I have no idea how to solve this dilemma. If I lived out in the country, I'd just let him run naked all the time. But I live in town. And people frown on streakers in town.

Anyone have an idea that may click a light on in Sam's head? If it works, I may even send a reward to you. That is how tired I am of Sam running around with his thing hanging out. Believe me, his sisters are ready for that boy to put on some clothes, too.

While we're at it, it would be nice to get him out of the terrible 2's.

Update

Why do I open my mouth?
I took Sam's diaper off and then had to chase him down to put undies on him. I played the game, chasing him from room to room in circles. Then I pulled the switcheroo on him and went the other way to cut him off at the pass. Then I spotted it. As he was running from me he dropped a turd on my living room floor. That fast.
Seriously, if I were a bird "You crapped on my floor!" "ahhhhhhh!!!! plunk!" I'd push him out of the nest.
But no. I had to clean it up, put undies on him, and have him crap in the undies right away.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Cheryl Pitt said...

Oh, (((HUGS)) I wish I had advice for you, we're getting ready to start potty training here too.

Molly said...

I'm sorry for the trouble it's causing you, but that story is hilarious. I had a running turd dropper just the other day. Fun!

Unknown said...

Howdy from Daisy,
What worked for our two of our boys:
We told them that they were too big to clean up in the house anymore. If they still wanted to go in their pants, that was fine, but they would need to be cleaned up outside with the hose. (No warm water!) We hosed them down. They hollered and jumped. We sympathized with them, and occasionally mentioned that if they went in the potty chair, we could just use toilet paper. It took our oldest boy only 1 day of it. It took our second boy 3 days. He was stubborn. But then that was totally it. No mistakes that I remember. I had tried everything else, no dice. I was so happy to move beyond potty training. :-)

Unknown said...

I just finished potty training my 3 year old and I DESPISE it! training! I have 10 soon to be 11 kids (7 of those boys!) so I have lots ahead of me! So far I have 8 so far that are trained. So, I am a pro right? HA! Everytime is like the first time and it does not get any easier! So glad to hear other people's sufferings in this area!;) Hang in there, it will happen! It took my last one an entire month before he would even "turd" in the toilet! Very expasperating! But, persistence paid off and now he is officially wearing big boy pants!
I also use lots of prayer, and it does help! I will be thinking of you!
Heather from arrowsprings.blogspot.com

ps. I am sorry for the loss of your baby now in heaven! I have 3 waiting for me! I cried with you!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness dont make me laugh, I still have stiches!!!

I gave the boys a potty watch (yes they make those at one step ahead. I set the watch for an hour and if they stayed dry and went in the potty they got a treat. If they pooped they got a toy (dollar store stuff) they soon learned that if they did business they got something and it so worked

Grandma J said...

Sorry, I don't really remember potty training my boys as being that tough. They thought it was cool to stand up and pee in the toilet...however, I thought I'd share with you that Jessica and I witnessed my 3yo nephew peeing off the top of big (playground size) slide at my mom and dad's house today!! And Christian almost ran right underneath his "fountain" midstream! Sorry, if I made ya laugh!

Pam said...

It seems Sam is getting a lot of reward by aggravating you about the potty training. Put him back in diapers entirely for 6 more months.