ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 14, 2009

Raising 2 year olds is for the birds, too.

Tuesday was Kaytlin's boyfriend's birthday and we made a cake for him. Sam would NOT leave it alone. He took a hunk out of it before it was even frosted, so we had to fill it in with frosting. Then he wouldn't leave it alone after it was frosted and left nice finger prints in it before Peter even got to eat it. In fact, he didn't eat it, probably too grossed out, he is the baby of the family.
I kept trying to hide the cake but Sam kept getting into it. Even in the fridge, which we have locked with giant velcro strips. Everyone kept forgetting to latch it, or so I thought.........

I have a wedding cake to make this summer, so I am working on testing some fillings and flavors today. I set out a bowl of frosting left over from Peter's cake while the cake was baking.

Sam found the frosting. He came into the living room with the bowl and a big spoon. Um, NO. So I took it and put it in the fridge and he had a conniption fit! He started to open the fridge, even pushing the trash out of the way to get to the velcro strap. Then he saw me watching and pushed me out of the kitchen. (all the while he is screaming) I'm standing in the dining room watching because I don't think he can reach the strap to open the fridge.
He sees me watching him and comes running in screaming and pushes me further into the living room so I can't see him. (like I can't HEAR him?)
I peek around the corner and sure enough he CAN reach the strap if he moves the trash can. I said something and he ran over, screaming, and pushes me back into the living room.

It is so funny! But I still have to discipline him for his fit and pushing mom around.

I took him down for a nap. He didn't fall asleep, but I had to get up to get the cake out of the oven, so we got up.

I took care of the cake and sat down at the computer and Donnie comes in to tell me to come look at Sam. I was so worried he was into the cake. I stomp into the kitchen and the cake is safe on top of the stove, but where was Sam?

He popped out from under the table cloth on the kitchen table and says "Ta-da!" with a giant spoonful of frosting. He had snagged the bowl and hide under the table with it.

Push....... "ahhhhhhhh!" Plunk!
Right out of the nest!

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

LOL, I bet he takes the frosting with him....