ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 09, 2009

Updates~Good and bad

Just about a year ago I was working with Sam on potty training, I know it was young, but we had been doing EC since birth, and there was a chance he'd cooperate, but then my family stubbornness kicked in. This was Sam potty training a year ago. But now, this is what Sam would look like if he ever let us see him going.
Sam goes to the bathroom on his own and then drags us in to look at it and do the potty dance. Yesterday he quit the children's potty and moved to the big potty all on his own. He is developing the runs with this virus we have going around our house this week, so he went poo a lot last night while Donnie and I were at a movie, but after cleaning up some poo Cody must have told Sam to start doing that in the potty, because he did, 5 times!
After our movie I dropped Donnie and home and went to Ladies Night for almost an hour, I didn't want to spread germs to my friends, but it felt so wrong not to be there! When Donnie got home, Sam went poo and drug Donnie in to see it!
We are working on the underwear part of training, and he is accepting wearing them, but so far he is still peeing in them if he has them on. That will come, though, and I think by the end of next week we'll be there during the day!
The kids all seem to be starting to feel better now, no more throwing up as of yesterday afternoon. So far I haven't gotten sick, either.
This morning I awoke to the last part of the end of this pregnancy. I am very thankful to be going through the miscarriage part naturally rather than getting a D&C, but it is very painful and very much like back labor. Vicodin and 600mg of Ibuprophin together is not cutting the pain that comes and goes like contractions. It is painful, but it is a good thing, the doctor was sure I'd go on for a month without a D&C, so I am glad that is not going to happen.
For those who don't know what to say, it is OK not to know what to say, it is better to have someone at a loss for words, not that anything actually helps, than to be ignored and avoided. Distraction helps, too! Like having a score to beat on Bejeweled.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

That'll be great to have him potty trained!! I'm hoping this summer to get Darling going regularly. She occasionally goes, but definitely nothing consistent. I plan to work on it more, when we are wearing shorts all the time. Less laundry. :-)

Wendy said...

Potty training is so fun! No fun with the runs though!

Carina said...

Well, with your house there is no lack of distractions, that's for sure!

Sassyfrazz said...

I love the two photos of Sam with potty training. How horrible the mess must have been. YUCK.

I am glad you came by LNO, and it was great to see you. I still want to lavish you with hugs, yet. We need to get together because you are way past due hugs from your BFF!!

I love you Lisa!