ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 09, 2009

Star Trek Movie

Through a strange twist I ended up at a movie instead of Ladies Night last night. With my family having the flu all week I did not want to bring germs in and risk getting my friend sick because she has a surgery for cancer next week. Nothing is worth getting her sick. I wanted to go, but I just felt I really shouldn't spend my time breathing in her space just in case.
And it is Drew's last few nights here, so we were going to go with Drew to the movie. But Drew then took off with some friends and didn't set a time with us and didn't answer his phone. We ended up on a date instead!I had watched NO previews about the movie, so I did not know at all what to expect. I am a Trekkie, but not a die-hard one, I've probably watched 90% of Trek shows, but would never dress up.

The movie starts and from the beginning this is a different Star Trek. I wasn't sure where it was going, but I knew it wasn't following the story line of the previous shows. But it was gripping. The twist in the first 5 minutes was a great move, they brought emotions into Star Trek. I was moved to tears, literally crying over the movie that fast. Excellent writing!

From there they moved you to laughter. Not the "oh, that is kinda funny" humor, the really, really funny kind of humor.
Soon it moved on to terror, and I literally hid under my coat!
Excitement and action filled the screen! Twists and turns and unexpected moments of humor. Some of it was only funny to die-hard Trekkies, because if you didn't watch from the beginning you might not find McCoy's reference to bones funny, and things like of that nature.

This is my hands-down favorite Star Trek movie ever! Even if you are not a Trekkie, you will like this movie based on the excellent writing and amazing videography and computer generated scenes that look incredibly real.

EXCELLENT movie! In fact, I am going again tonight!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

Sounds fun!!
I'll have to tell my dh. We got free movie tickets from friends (because of an event we helped at), and are looking for a good one to go to. Thanks for the heads up!

PS. This is Daisy, this computer puts my dh or daughter, but not me! :-)

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

i've also seen the movie over the weekend. AWESOME! i can't wait to watch it again and again and again....

this is charlotte. just dropping by.

Qtpies7 said...

It was just as good the second time! I would love to have seen it a third time, but no energy left, lol. But I am thinking of going to see it in the Imax this weekend!

Grandma J said...

I can't even imagine enjoying this movie. I used to like the original tv show...back in the day...but that's about it. However, Ray would like to see it, so maybe we'll do the date thing too, and I'll suffer through it. I was a little concerned after seeing some previews that it looked like there were some rather racy scenes in it...but I guess if it's not too horrid...I'll be able to stand it. What is it rated, anyway??

Sassyfrazz said...

Ok, when it comes out on DVD, have a movie night and we can all watch it together since you rave about it so. I will watch it for you...even though I am NOT a Trekkie at ALL! :)