ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 21, 2009

Adventures with arachnids

I had a very busy day today. Being Father's Day, the princesses decided that their dad's needed to be on the float with them today. So, we had to drive to a town about an hour and a half away for it. That means getting up early and leaving home. We were float 112, and still a couple of blocks of floats behind us, so it was a huge parade. It started at 1PM, line up was at noon, and we didn't get done until 4:30! Yikes!

One the way to the town this morning we had our own little adventures. I have to say that I am extremely glad that Kaytlin's boyfriend was sick and did not accompany us on this trip because I assure you, we would have both been traumatized.

We had our windows open and it felt like some hair had blown across my neck and was tickling me, so I went to move it and found it was NOT hair. It was a spider. That promptly dropped down into my bra. Now, anyone that knows me knows that I freaked. And if I had been driving we would have died. But I wasn't driving. So I was screaming. And practically stripping. I didn't want the spider in my face, so I was tearing my shirt and bra down to flip the spider OUT. Screaming at Donnie to get it out! It jumped out between us before he even knew why I was flashing him. Though he should have known, since the spider had been on him first. It was on his hand and he hoped to get rid of it without me knowing it was in the car, but when he lifted his hand a breeze blew it away and he prayed it went in the back seat and not near me. His prayers were not answered. (Peter would have been sitting behind Donnie with a horrifying view if he had not been sick.)

He was able to kill and remove the spider after it jumped out of my bra. Thank goodness! I didn't even cry, much! I had some teary eyes, but I held it together and didn't have a break down.

But then...........

There was another spider! Crawling UP my thigh towards the opening in my shorts. So not cool! Another bought of screaming and flailing arms. But no stripping.

Long, long, long day.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

That would have left me traumatied and in shock!!! I am so creeped out with spiders, let alone having one crawl on me. I was fine till I went to Saudi, those bug there are a mutant strain!!!!

Joyful Noise said...

Yuck - You will have to bug bomb your car and get rid of them all - worked for our house.

Carina said...

Ummm...yes, you're right. It's good that the boyfriend wasn't along. Very good. =)

byoc said...

I started laughing (out loud - sitting here by myself) as soon as it dropped down your bra - I wish I had been in the back seat. lol. I'm sorry, but you are toooooo funny, but I love you anyways.

Jackie said...

LOL!

I was in a Burger King drive-thru a few weeks ago, looked down at my leg and saw a huge brown spider at my ankle. Just as I saw it, it bit me. And just as it bit me, I crushed it.

By the time I brought it into the house some 20 minutes later for Keith to look over it, to see if maybe it was a Brown Recluse, it was looking a lot less big and scary! We've got it now stuck on a card along with Keva's collection of ticks.