ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 22, 2009

Bye-Bye Diapers

Sam is officially potty trained. Even at night. Accidents are few and far between, and usually not his fault. (they happen when he can't get to the bathroom, not that he doesn't try) We are still working on getting him to put his clothes back on after he goes to the bathroom, but I think the hard part is over now.

It is really nice not to have Sam in diapers. Really nice. No more washing, hanging, folding of cloth diapers. I loved doing it, but I am not going to miss it. I just took down my last load yesterday. They are waiting to be packed up and the changing table needs to be taken out of the house. Wow.

It is bittersweet, though. I would be 12 weeks pregnant right now, buying newborn diapers to add to my stash if I hadn't had a tubal pregnancy. But now what. What do I do with these diapers? Do I hold onto them in case my one good tube comes through for me in our already diminished fertility issues? Or do I give them away/sell them and start over IF I have another? Tough call. It wouldn't make me sad to sell them, but I would hate to spend the money all over again when I HAD a full supply. I'm cheap like that.

So, I procrastinate. I will have to make a decision and get that changing table cleaned and out to the garage this week. Marking the end of my baby days.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

It's a wonderful thing, no more diapers!! I remeber the Superman diaper Sam got, wow has it been that long since I have been stalking oops following your blog???
I have yet to truley cloth diaper, I think did not give it a true shot.
I should remind you my last 3 kids were One tube babies after a reversal, so there is always room for a blessing.

Carina said...

Yea for Sam!! You have now potty-trained 7 children! You are THE mom!

Ang said...

Yay for Sam (and you!!)! Having them out of diapers is sooo nice, but bittersweet as well! I still have a long while to go till Clara is out of them...I'm just glad that I don't have 2 in them at once!

Ang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Pitt said...

YAY SAM! Good job!

Ah, the end of baby days. I was having that conversation with Hubby this morning. Not sure if we're going to try for more or not. We're going to decide by the end of fall.

Littlest is starting his potty training journey today...

Jackie said...

I say hang on to the diapers a little longer. You never know . . .