ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 03, 2009

The new EA Active game's first injury

I got the sweet opportunity to get to be a part of a test group of people using the new game EA Active. I am doing the 30 day challenge. I also am throwing a house party to show the game to people.

I even got to give one away to a friend who has a Wii!
So last night, after hearing from both Anna, who I gave my extra game to, and Sarah, who also is doing the house party and got two games, that it is an amazing exercise program, I had the kids try it. You bet, I am making them do it first.
Hope-Anne did it, but I wasn't watching. She got Kaytlin intrigued with it. Kaytlin did it on the highest intensity. She was dripping sweat! Her legs turned to jello. But she had a good workout.
So I decided to give it a try.......... on easy, of course. It stinks! I burned and sweated and it hurt. But it was actually a pretty good workout. You would run and just when you think you can't do it, it is over and switches to an arm work out. It goes back and forth so that you work out everything a few times, but always get a break so you don't die.
Devon, our sport fanatic tried it next. He put it on medium, but he got bored and quit. He doesn't like wimpy workouts.
So, Cody got on it, I think he put it on intense, too. The whole time we were all working out, Trinity and Sam were playing along. Sam loved boxing with us. Part of the game is rollerblading down a steep, windy hill, and sometimes doing jumps. Depending on where you jump, you'll do turns and kicks or a flip. Trinity was copying along with Cody doing the jumps.
Apparently she got a little too into the game because she jumped and landed flat on her nose! There was blood everywhere! Thankfully the bleeding stopped fast, but we were worried about her.
I was loving her up while everyone was running around getting tissues and ice and she looks at me while crying and says "Did you see what I did? I jumped super high!" I said "yes, but you aren't so good at landing, huh?" and she said "Nope." She was proud of how high she could jump, though, lol.
We were concerned that she broke her nose, but there isn't anything you can do if she did, so we didn't take her in. Her nose is swollen and a tad discolored this morning, but it doesn't seem to hurt her. She says it feels weird when she touches it, but no pain.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

Well, that just goes to show you, what I've been saying for years...EXERCISE is HAZARDOUS to your HEALTH!!!

Poor little thing, I hope it's not broken...btdt, it hurts forever!

Lisa said...

Awww poor baby... Maveric fell at school and bit it hard on his face, he came home with a huge nose, I had asked him what happened and he said he tripped and fell in P.E. and went to the nurses office, I am not happy I did not get a call. I do know there is nothing to be done with a nose but a call would have been nice, he is still bruised and a bit swollen.
I need to start working out, I am thinking about getting a WII when we have the extra money for it.

Sassyfrazz said...

Poor sweet little girl! I think it is amazing that she was so concerned with her jump even more than her fall.
I hope she heals well, and that it doesn't hurt too much for her.
I did day 2 tonight. Love the pain. I think this game is horrible on the knees. So for people like me, who have terrible knees, it is not good. I still have to blog about it.