ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 26, 2009

Unexpected gift

Devon broke a rule and didn't tell us where he was going to be one night, but he had thought he had. (yeah, sure) I had to discipline him, the rule needs to stick. So I made him come help put the float together after having it painted. It was HOT, but it had to be done. Here he is helping put the door back on after we covered everything in fancy plastic.
Float mom!
Putting the tinsel on the sides....
Trinity "swimming" in the water under the bridge. (our float is a bridge, after a bridge in our town)After getting the float together we got an unexpected gift. The kids got to go horse back riding! it was such a treat. Trinity and Sam had never even been near a horse, and Devon never learned to ride, but hadn't been on a horse since he was maybe 6.
Trinity was really looking forward to the horse ride while we were decorating the float. She could see the horse out in the pasture and thought it would be a lot of fun. But then when Kyra was saddling up the horse and we got up close and personal and touched it, and saw just how BIG a horse is up close.... Trinity said to me "I meant Sam wanted to ride the horse, not me." LOL Sam got right up on the horse and rode and laughed and smiled and totally enjoyed himself.
Trinity decided that did look like fun. So she went ahead and rode, too. And she loved it! Both little ones laughed when they were trotting, which I worried would scare them. Not at all.
Devon was put on a horse, and after getting over the pain he caused himself by hopping into the saddle without care of his personal parts, they gave him the reins and told him to have fun. He has never ridden a horse on his own. I was a LOT nervous about that. But they said it wouldn't be a problem. And it wasn't! Devon rode like a pro after a few minutes of figuring things out. I LOVED hearing him laugh as the horse took off on a run with him. I think his punishment turned out rather painless, don't you think? And to top off his punishment, I let him drive most of the way home since they live way out in the country. He was in heaven.
here is a video of Sam trotting, then Devon comes riding by. (they guy is getting a bug out of Sam's hair, that is why they stop)

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a lot of fun was had after the float was done. Way too cute!

Drew said...

That's my Bubby on a horse! I wish I could've been there!

Table4Five said...

I wish my parents' punishments had been as fun as yours! lol Great photos!

purple6 said...

Too cute Lisa! I think I would have messed with Devon and said "Now for the real punishment...you get to clean the horse stables" just to see the reaction! Bet it would have been priceless!

Sassyfrazz said...

What great pictures, Lisa! I love the idea of getting Devon to help as a payment. :) Sounds like you all had a super time together!

Sassyfrazz said...

What great pictures, Lisa! I love the idea of getting Devon to help as a payment. :) Sounds like you all had a super time together!