ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 24, 2009

Kids and Cake

I am making a wedding cake for this weekend. It is always fun making a wedding cake. But add kids to the mix and you have a lot more fun. Not.
I got the base layer done, the middle layer is going to be fake, and I was putting the filling in the top layer when I turned around to get the top layer and found Sam leaning over and taking bites out of it. I decided I would finish it in the morning, lol. So, back to the drawing board and I overloaded the cake pans and now there is smoke filling my house. I'll have to re-bake the bottom layer so that it doesn't taste smoky.

Sound fun?

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Have you considered sneaking down to a bakery and having them do it for you on the sly?

I would. =)

Cheryl - Somewhat Crunchy said...

Oy, I made a 3 tiered, fondant covered, gift box cake for Biggest's 13th birthday. I now have a whole new respect for bakers. $2.25 per serving without fondant? No problem! You deserve it!

Here's my cake:

http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/search/label/cake

Sunshine Girl said...

Haha. Good Luck!!

Debra said...

Ha ......Sam! That is funny (now at least)!