ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 25, 2009

Of course

I got my cake done and I think I will be happy with it when I get it put together later today. But is my camera anywhere to be found? NO, of course not. I'm going to have to tear the house apart before I leave because I want a picture of it.

On a fun note, which I still wish I could have found my camera for, we had karaoke last night. A few months ago my dear friend Jeannie got a bunch of clothes from her sister and offered to let Jody, Anna, Sarah (funny that we are all bloggers) and I go through them with her. We were going over to her house to try them on, so she left a little message on Facebook: "I'm cleaning my house for a plus size fashion show." Yes, she called her dearest friends FAT on facebook. Do you think we were going to let that go even if she didn't use our names? Oh, no, of course not!

So............

Recently Jeannie got a few new CD's for karaoke and on one of them was just the right song for our revenge. We plotted for a month or two, but finally decided we were going to do it, and add dancing to it. We got together and made up some choreography, bought some props and had a plan. Unfortunately we only had one practice session, but we still went ahead with it. We had Donnie sing the song I'm Fat by Weird Al while we danced and shoved Hostess cakes in our mouths and then flashed the letters F A T ! at her from under our hoodies.

Only problem.............

This was the month that a bunch of new people decided to show up. Oh, yes, of course there were new people there when we humiliate ourselves. One of them our former mayor. But everyone thought it was funny, even if they didn't know why we were dedicating it to Jeannie from her plus sized models. The kids really thought it was funny, lol.

I think next time we decide to get back at someone that we need to do it in a way that doesn't humiliate US and amuse them, lol.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

Ha! Serves you right!!! It was a very fun night, and you did get me out of my "doldrums" for a little while anyway. I love you guys, plus-size or not!! ;0)

BTW, it was my aunt that I got the clothes from, and I STILL need to go through the rest of them and decide which ones I'm going to keep and which ones will go to the clothing giveaway at church.

Carina said...

Oh yes, there needs to be a video of that on youtube!

Lisa said...

You have way too much fun!!!