ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 07, 2009

What is it with 2 year olds?

I wish I could figure them out.
Sam was totally potty trained. Even at night. Then he started not getting through the night, and since he wasn't getting through the night, why bother during the day? So he's been totally regressed in that area for a while now. Ticks me off.
Today he pooped in his undies so we put him in a Pull up for a parade. You can't just get to a bathroom on the parade route, and we drive a borrow truck from a dealership to pull the float. We didn't need an accident in there.
The first parade I brought Sam to we had to do some teaching because there was no bathroom at the end of the route and he had to go BAD. So I had to teach him to pee outside. It wasn't a proud moment, dragging him behind a tree at a public building, but I finally convinced him he could pee outside.
So today he went to his second parade. Wouldn't you know it but he decided NOW he is potty trained. And that when you pull over after the parade you are SUPPOSED to go find the nearest tree and pee on it? Seriously. We pulled over and started unloading and he starts running for the trees in someone's yard taking his pants and pull ups off on the sidewalk! LOL He's naked on Main Street wanting to go pee!
We pulled him to the truck and had him pee by the tire while everyone stood around us looking away pretending nothing was happening, lol. It was quite comical.
But WHY? He was perfectly content to use his underpants the rest of the day. Weirdo.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Drew said...

Hey, he's at least got SOMETHING right lol. Just so long as he doesn't pee on someone... I regress...

Cynthia said...

Miss Peach just turned 4 and she's in full on potty training rebellion mode. I don't get it!

Unknown said...

Just when you think you get this mothering thing down, one pops up that breaks all the rules and is a total puzzle! Glad to hear I am not the only one!:) Thanks for the laugh although I am sure at the moment is not too funny for you! Maybe us mothers with all these kids are to bring a smile to others! God must think we are great comedians!
Heather

Carina said...

Why do boys love to pee outside so much? Maybe it's the cool breeze on their cheeks!

Zaya always used to say, "Mommy, are we in the country?" and if I said we were he would drop his shorts and start peeing on any nearby vegetation. He still does that, really.

Lisa said...

dosent pee make tree's grow LOL, I remeber the first time my son peed outside (on his own) I was horrified...

Cheryl Pitt said...

Boys are a riot! My father-in-law supposedly potty trained one of his boys by taking him outside and letting him pee on his tire LOL