ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 30, 2009

What is wrong with this world today?

Today I awoke to the news that the schools were shut down for the day due to a bomb found in the school, the post office and the local power company. If that wasn't bad enough, they found at least 4 more around town.

My safe little town has become the home of sickness. Mental sickness. I believe that the person or persons who made these explosive devices have to be mentally ill. What would drive a person to do this? The bad economy? Losing your job, your home, your dignity can mess a person up, but this badly? Being treated poorly by bullies your whole life? That could make someone snap.

I do not know what caused this person to do what they've done, but I am not alright with it happening. If I felt that I needed to blow up a town, I think I would know that I needed mental help asap. Get HELP. Don't put a bomb in my children's school or my neighbor's mailbox. Get help.

I am not scared, or worried or freaked out. I am just confused as to what would cause someone to do this. We live in a pretty nice town. People are nice. People are supportive. The community helps where it can. There IS help for people who need it. Something has been happening to bring morals down over the last few years. Our safe little town has left us disillusioned. We've had about 5 bikes stolen from our yard or around town and had a burglar in our car in the middle of the night that our dog scared away. We've had a bomb threat every year for 3 years, and now not only a bomb, but 7 of them.

I just don't even know what to say. It is sad and frustrating.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Super Drew said...

Wait... Someone tried to blow up MY home town?
I may have to dust off the cape and get to the bottom of this.

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

That is awful! Just yesterday I was reading about the importance of praying for the release of any demonic hold on your town so that God's love can flourish. I will pray for your town, as well as my own where drug use seems to be on the upswing.

Kris said...

I agree, there is some serious soul sickness in this world. Very sad.

yofed said...

*hugs*

Cynthia said...

That really is awful...I feel the same way in Chicago. People really are sick.