ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 16, 2009

Annoying or funny?

My mom asked me to find the origin of the phrase "So, sew a button on your underwear!" She wanted to ask my kids, but I was afraid the what the search engines would come up with searching for underwear and buttons............. lol.
I came across an old forum topic on annoying phrases and words. The topic started with "I just threw up in my mouth a little bit." I don't mind that one, as long as it isn't over used. Some of the other things were using weird spellings for things like "kewl" and "gurl." How about the oft used "Totally!"
Someone mentioned some locations drop the words "to be" in a sentence, such as: The car needs washed or The grass needs mowed. Those would be annoying.
That made me think of Donnie's family saying "I drove stuck." I do not get that. You can drive while stuck. Can't do it! You drove off the road and got stuck in the snow or mud? That makes sense. Drove stuck does not make sense. LOL

I know, right?

What bugs you?

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

those are pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

"I could care less" always bothers me because it is a shortened version of the phrase "I couldn't care less". This shortened version actually says the opposite of what its supposed to mean.

What does "I drove stuck" mean?

Gary

Lisa said...

I HATE when people use one letter for a word instead of the whole word...The word A lot, is often misspelled.

The phrase NO WORRIES drives me bonkers!!! Ok everything is bugging me I think I need some more Midol.....

Grandma J said...

I don't know where it came from either, but my mother always used to answer "Buttons on your underwear," whenever we would say, "So what." Then again, she also used to say, "She's got freckles on her but...she's nice." That was one of her dad's sayings. I've never heard the "drive stuck" thing, but agree...it makes NO sense. My biggest pet peeve? People saying "I seen." I once knew a woman who would not only say that, but "I have saw." Go figure.