ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 13, 2009

My son, Sam

That boy baffles me. Sometimes he is just a huge pain, sometimes he is just weird, and other times he is so smart I can't imagine how it happened!

Most of you are very familiar with what a pain he is with all the disasters the Tornado of Terror has made of our home. So I won't go into those days, but the weird and smart I will do.

Sam does not like heat of any sort, even for food. He prefers his food cold. In fact, the colder the better. Really. Not so abnormal for a toddler? Well, by cold, I mean frozen. He eats frozen corn dogs and Hot Pockets. He will FREAK OUT if you cook them. He will eat almost anything frozen. Getting him to eat supper with us is just about impossible, he won't touch it because it isn't cold, cooled off is not cold enough.

Today when Jody and I took 5 little kids to a toy store opening we kind of got lost getting out of the shopping area parking lot. It is a new area, and none of us had ever been there before. Not that we didn't know where we were, but we were heading the wrong way on the access road and planned to just circle around to get to our road. But Sam freaked out. We didn't discuss being lost, just which way we should go. Sam was almost in tears pointing behind his head and yelling "That way! Mommy, turn around! It's that way! Mommy, that way!" So finally we turned around so he would calm down and he said "Thank you, mommy." in a sweet whimper. Jody and I just cracked up at him! It was a mixture of amazing and cute.

How on earth did he know we were heading east when we should be going west? How could he know that?

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

He is just tooooooo cute - and I'm not saying that just because he's my grandson.

I am signed in on my blog - and used several passwords and still can't comment

Mrs. Stam said...

Funny little man!!! But a cute little man:-)

Carina said...

It's because he's a guy. They just know what direction things are supposed to be. Or think they do anyway.

As for the frozen stuff, how does his little tongue not stick to the frozen stuff?!

Lisa said...

Hummm, and I like to eat my food as we call it here butt stinkin hot, only for the reason by time I do get to it, its at a nice temp instead of ice cold.

I ate frozen fish sticks when I was PG LOL.