ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 17, 2009

Donnie plays Dream Interpreter

I have been having bad dreams for about a week. It started with dreaming that someone took all my dishes off my decorated table for our Old Fashioned Christmas Banquet and I couldn't find the dishes anywhere. I woke up crying! lol
It has been a series of bizarre since that day.
This morning I was dreaming that for some reason Donnie and I had a female lion as a pet and she had a cub. We were out walking and a male lion was trying to eat the cub and all 3 ended up going down a river. The adult lions ended up going over a waterfall, but the cub didn't. Donnie and I saw the male lion waiting behind a rock for the cub to come down and the mama was waiting right at the falls for the cub.
I left Donnie there watching while I went and grabbed the cub and went to our apartment to get his gun. I searched and searched and I could not find his gun, even though I knew right where it was supposed to be. So I went for his bow and arrows. I found an arrow, but couldn't find the bow. I finally grabbed a hammer since I couldn't find anything else.
But then Donnie walked in and I ran to him with the hammer and saw he was all mauled up and mouthing "I'm sorry." I ran to call 911 and then
I woke up.

Weird, huh?

I told Donnie about my dream and he said "Maybe it is prophetic."
"Maybe you will be mauled by a lion?"
"No. The cub could be our boys and you are grabbing them and running to a different church to save them and leaving me behind to fight the lion."
"Um, what?"

I have been feeling strongly led to bring our kids, especially the boys, to a different church because there are no real friends or strong programs to challenge them. They don't have friends who sharpen them like iron sharpens iron. They have been really challenged and excited listening to sermons online from a different church. (the church for people who don't do church) Donnie has taken them a couple of times to the Saturday evening services. They are LOUD, LOUD rock music worship services, lol.
I'm not entirely sure about leaving our church altogether, but Donnie is so excited about where his men's ministry is heading right now that he won't even consider it. He does watch the sermons of the other church and takes the boys there, but he won't make the move permanent.

So, that is how he saw my dream. Not that the church is a lion, but that he feels Satan is attacking us because of the growth in him lately and the exciting growth coming to the men's ministry. He thinks I am running away instead of fighting and making a place for the boys that we feel they need.

I think it was just a dream.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Well those are "Weird" dreams they sound like the ones I have when I am PG. As for the attacks it very well could be bacause of your spritial growth, Saten does not like it when we come closer to the Lord and will try anything to take us off the path. Pray on the boys church choice, pray for guidence and for that "door" to not only be opened but to close the other door to you.

Joyful Noise said...

I think it is too much green apple before bedtime!!