ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 11, 2009

Wowser, where did the time go?

My mom has been harassing me for not blogging lately. To be fair, she was patient for awhile. We were really sick for a month, it just wouldn't end! But then I just haven't been blogging due to many things. But I have to get back to work now that I am not sick, the kids are not sick, and Donnie has the day off, so I can commandeer his office and make him watch the kids. LOL

The kids have been keeping us busy, doing cute things, running places, smarting off, etc. The usual. Samuel turned 3 years old and that was bitter sweet. I love him at this age, but I am so sad that he is probably our last baby. Not by choice, but that is how it looks like it will end for us. I so enjoy every cute and funny thing the little kids do. I never want my house empty of babies and toddlers. I am looking forward to the years when I have grandkids around. I heard they are even more fun than your own toddlers!

Sam lost my phone awhile ago. Or at least we think it was Sam. I plugged my phone in to charge, ran to the store for 30 minutes, leaving Cody and Sam home. When I got home, the cord was sitting there empty and no sign of my phone has been seen since. Usually it turns up down a couch cushion, but not this time. So we were quite glad to find out Donnie had ordered insurance on my phone.
Amazingly the phone arrived at our house LESS than 24 hours after we reported it! I let it charge for 24 hours before I activated the phone. Donnie got it activated about 10AM and I gave the phone a swirly about 9PM. Yes, I ruined my phone less than 12 hours after I got it activated. I am drying it out for the second day now and praying my phone will forgive me for the swirly. I didn't mean it.

I have a few frustrating situations going on in my life that have really taken my mind hostage and I am hoping to just plow through them and get busy with my life again. Some of them have come to temporary good outcomes, like Donnie's job has been extended to March, so we at least know he isn't being let go right before Christmas this year. And we have cancelled our health insurance, which was costing us $300 a WEEK. Hopefully with that bill gone we will be able to make ends meet again, but that doesn't happen until January. We are looking at Medishare, anyone with experience with them? I would love to hear experiences either way.

I also have some really great news for my readers! At least my Minnesota/Wisconsin readers. I am going to be giving away 4 tickets to Disney Princesses on Ice in Minneapolis for December 10!! I will be going, too, so it would be a super fun chance to meet in person! Look for that post!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

Thanks for the update and glad you all feel better :-) !!!!

Carina said...

Glad you're all recovering, and I hope your phone survives that swirly!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have really been missing your blog. Lotza love, Mom I have to comment as anonymous because I haven't blogged for so long, I forgot my password

Sassyfrazz said...

I am glad that Donnie's job is holding on. I hope that things will start looking up for you. I am praying for you my friend.

I can't wait to go see Disney on Ice with you!

Grandma J said...

Hey! Nice to see you back in bloggyworld! I have to get back into the swing of things myself, my posts have been pretty few and far between lately too.