ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 24, 2009

Hmm, anyone try this?

This is just too funny! I have never really had the opportunity to do this in public. I have done it at home, though. Scared the kids silly! Stopped the tantrum, too.

My kids were pretty much always good in public after we got through Drew, he was bad for a year or so there. But other than that, the kids have always done well. I had a rule, if I took the first 5 out in public and no one told me how good they were, they were all in trouble. Sounds mean, but it wasn't. I didn't punish them if they were good and no one said anything, but it was rare that someone didn't comment on 5 well behaved children under the age of 9.

Drew took some quiz on facebook about spanking saying he felt that kids should be spanked. I commented that we must not have spanked him much if he agrees with it, lol. He reminded me of when they were young. We would go shopping and see some kid throwing a tantrum and they would stare at the kid, and then they THANKED ME for spanking them so they wouldn't act like that. At a young age, they were thankful that they were spanked so they would not be out of control brats. (not all tantrums are the child's fault)

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

I would love to see a mother try that in the store!

Cynthia said...

OMG...that is brilliant!

Shell said...

OMG that was so funny. How many times I'd like to try that one!

Amen sis to the spanking. My two olest tnanked me the other day when they seen thier baby brother try a tantrum.

My oldest gal volunteers for 2 Public School Kindergarten teachers. She said that her little brothers and sister are way better behaved than the kids she helps. LOL

Isn't it great to start getting some of the rewards of parenting now?

Blessings,
Shell

Mrs. Stam said...

Ha ha hah My cousin did it in a store around Christmas time (lots of people to see her) a couple years ago, scare the heck out of her kids and I had the best laugh ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey - do you see the date on this post? Your mother is about to throw a tantrum because she is not being updated daily on the lives of her grandchildren.