ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 19, 2010

I have a confession to make.

I am not proud of this, but I must confess.

I am a liar.

I don't know when it happened, but it did.

When Donnie and I first became Christians we determined not to lie to our children. We were not going to hide the bad in the world, though we would shield it the best we could while still allowing them to see the world was not perfect. The most important thing to us was that our children would know that we were not lying to them about Jesus.

Somewhere along the way, though, lines started to blur.

Just tonight I told a doozie of a lie. Sam loves broccoli. It is his favorite food right now, next to candy. We sat down to eat supper; chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. Sam looked at his plate and pointed to an empty spot and said "I want broccoli." I looked him straight in the face and said "That is broccoli, broccoli.......... dots." pointing to his peas. He believed me. He ate those broccoli dots and loved them.

I am such a liar!

Don't judge me.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Cynthia said...

He did not buy "broccoli dots"!

Lisa said...

Way too funny!

Susan said...

Thank you for the comment you made on my post. As you described yourself and what you go through every month I thought to myself can see into my head. I feel exactly that same way and I hate it. I thought i was hte only one who did this and I was worried that something was wrong. You are right about God giving us the desires and this really isn't a bad desire. i will sit and wait again and be hopeful that in the next week I don't get my cycle. Thanks for being so honest it has beeen a blessing for me to know that there are others who struggle with the same issues. We are walking the same road which isn't an easy one.
Thanks, Susan

Grandma J said...

Why you...you...prevaricator, you! I think that's hilarious!! And now he'll be asking for broccoli dots every day!

I just read your post and then looked at my "word of the day" it is: PREVARICATE: to depart from or evade the truth.

So I just had to come back and leave you a comment!

Joyful Noise said...

All you needed to say was that it was "like" broccoli...