ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 25, 2010

Wedding bells are gonna ring!

I am so excited! Drew and Jannessa agreed to wait to get married until March 6th so that we can have a wedding!
Her mother and I have been chatting on Facebook and making all sorts of plans! Wedding dress shopping, menu planning, etc. We are going to meet for lunch next week and actually meet in person.
It is actually all pretty funny how things worked out. My friend Jeannie has been telling me for a couple of years that I would just love her great-niece Jackie. Drew has been telling me for a year and a half that I would just love his friend Joey's former foster mom, Jackie. And now, having never met said "Jackie" we are going to be sharing our children very soon! Our children both think we will love each other because we are so alike. Jackie has 10 children, and her and her husband were named foster parents of special needs children of the year last year. We share a love of children!
Both Drew and Jannessa are very afraid of us two getting together and planning things, lol. (not really, haha) They know we are going to be great friends and love each other's child.

So, Drew is marrying his friend Joey's half sister's adopted sister. (complicated, I know) and my friend Jeannie's great, great niece. When Drew and Jannessa met 1 1/2 years ago, Joey said that they would end up married. Way to call it, Joey!

Right now we have a snag in the wedding plans. Our church won't marry unequally yoked couples, and we don't know how equal they are or how equal they need to be. They will be counselling and figuring it out, but HELLO! Five weeks from now is the wedding, and we need to get the invites out! If they can't get married at our church, we need to start hunting for a new venue and pastor.
Another snag is that they want a dance and our church won't allow dancing. Long story, it isn't our religious beliefs, exactly, but the elders decision not to have it in the church itself.
So, fun times!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

I think it is exciting! Hopefully they are equally yoked~ besides just getting married at the home church.
I think it is great that you will meet the mysterious Jackie that many think you two will hit it off. How funny. :) Small world.

I am excited for Drew and Janessa....and you. :)

Joyful Noise said...

Yea! I am glad that they decided to wait...for everyone's sake -especially theirs, now they won't have any regrets. If you (they) need any help please let me know. I would be happy to help in any way I can!!!

Carina said...

Glad they're waiting a bit. The only point of having a wedding is so that the Mommies can plan things!

Lisa said...

That is wonderful to hear!! I am so excited for you!! Yes Drew too...Congrats!

yofed said...

Congratulations!!!