ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 04, 2010

Potty training sagas

I didn't really potty train Drew. He got a really bad rash about a month before he turned 2 and it was so bad it was bleeding. So I let him run naked for 3 days while I followed him everywhere with a potty chair. He never wore diapers again.

None of the other kids potty trained so early, but they did train at various ages, from 2 1/2 to almost 4 years old. Devon was probably the worst. Until Sam. Granted Sam isn't quite as old as Devon was, he is getting there.

What makes me mad is that he KNOWS how to be potty trained, and was trained, day and night, for a couple of months, and now chooses not to use the toilet.

However, yesterday the squirt only had ONE accident. The secret? Being naked. If he is naked, he uses the toilet all day. We put clothes on him to go to church last night and he had his one accident.

He is so frustrating! He can't be naked forever! I don't mind him being naked at this age, ALL of my kids were streakers, and they get modest between ages 3 and 5, so it is good.

How am I going to win this battle?

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

If you find the secret let me know cause same thing is happening over here!

Rebekah was fully potty trained night/day and all the sudden she decided that she needed diapers again!!!

So it's been back to square one for the last few months, now she wears diapers only for naps and at night!

But another problem is happening, she LOVE to play with her poop!!! Gross I know! She will sit on the potty and if I need to tend to Sarah she will take advantage of me not being near her and poop then grab it with her hand and put in on her hair/face/leg, wall etc... then after I came back to her she says "mama bath wash!!!!"

Oh I know she loves baths, so is she doing it on purpose just to get a bath I don;t know but it's sooooo frustrating!!!!

Lisa said...

You are so not going to win this battle! When he is ready in his time and his terms he will be and stay potty trained.