ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 26, 2010

I have found a NEW way to totally embarass my kids!

One of my motto's is "I was put on this earth to embarrass my teenagers in front of their friends." And I have discovered a doozie of a way to do just that!
Host a Menarche Party for their first period! Woohoo! Not just any party, either, ones with plates that teach you about your period and games that teach you about puberty and your body and your period! Wouldn't that just rock!?!

I am not even kidding, I actually found a site, Menarche Parties R Us (is that even legal to use "R Us?"), that sells party stuff for puberty and menarche (your first period)! The Pin the Ovaries on the Uterus game just tops the list of amazing products that this company sells.

Honestly, I cannot fathom who would do this to their daughter. My girls would never forgive me if I did that. If you want to educate your daughter about her cycle, do it! And it should be done before it even starts, hello! I don't depend on the school to teach it, and I don't wait. I make sure my girls know as much as they are willing to learn about their bodies by the time they leave my house.
As comfortable as I am with talking about my body with my girls, I can't imagine taking something so private and turning it into a party. They girls don't even want me to tell their father when they start their period!

Epic FAIL on this one.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

oh dear!!!!

Jackie said...

That is TOO funny! There is no way any girl I know would be up for something like that! Please!

Lisa said...

What's next a PMS party? some things are just that wrong!

Anna said...

I can't believe you even found something like that. Gross, I would not even be comfortable with that.

Joyful Noise said...

Wow - that about covers it!

Grandma J said...

Hey! Wanna come over for my "Menopause Party??" Hey, why not? We can all sit around fanning ourselves, and see who can have the most hot flashes...

This is totally ridiculous. Even though Molly is much more open about such things than I EVER was...she would certainly never want that. The party for "Ladies who Laugh" was uncomfortable enough, thank you.

Sassyfrazz said...

I understand the point to make sure that they are educated, but yes...I fully agree~ that would totally mortify them!