ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 17, 2010

Pink or Blue?

It really is true that women view the world through pink glasses and men view it through blue. Several times Donnie and I have been fighting, or I thought we were fighting and our marriage was in trouble, and he thought everything was fine.
That was apparent again today. We've been arguing a LOT lately. I know a lot of stress has been going on and that will have an effect on things, but on top of that we've been arguing. I've been dealing with frustration by going to him about it, since he doesn't want me to talk to my girlfriends about things, so all I want is a sounding board to get it OUT so I don't say something stupid. Right? Well he starts saying stuff to me that is just mean, and all I want is understanding.

So, I told him a couple of days ago that I can't talk to him anymore. He says I can, and say I can't, it goes back and forth, and I stop talking to him about things that bother me.

Today I say how sad it is that we can't go to our usual counselor right now (because of trust issues) and that we need a new counselor. He says "Why do we need a counsellor?" Well, because we aren't getting along! That's why!

His response? Oh, I thought you were finally getting the submission thing down.

Yep, we need some counselling!!!! LOL

(I'm not talking divorce court counselling, I'm talking someone to listen and point out where we are not hearing each other, lol)

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

marriage is never easy, living with a man is never easy.

But prayer is the only thing that helps, telling God all about it is always good.

Phil 4: 6-7

Joyful Noise said...

I am sorry - I pray that everything gets worked out and you can find someone that will help you work it out. It is not fun to be fighting with your best friend and husband. Hoping all the other issues get worked out as well. My prayers are with you!